Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

I think I would try to rebuild around Blake before going the tanking route.  If we go the tanking route, it is 4-5 years before we are relevant again.  After being irrelevant for near a decade, I don't want to really want to start that process now that we have Griffin.  

I know everybody hates Drummond but I think he has value in a good organization (obviously not the Pistons right now) and can be moved in some sort of deal along the way.  And we have a ton of money coming off the books after next season so hopefully some of those expiring contracts can be moved before the deadline next year, if not sooner.  

Blake is 30.  You can't "rebuild" around Blake.  You can get talent now to compliment Blake, but it won't be young and coming talent, it will be 30+ talent or flawed talent.  

9 hours ago, Buddha said:

Blake is 30.  You can't "rebuild" around Blake.  You can get talent now to compliment Blake, but it won't be young and coming talent, it will be 30+ talent or flawed talent.  

Call it what you want...rebuild, reload, restructure, adding different players, etc.  I am just advocating not trading Blake and tanking.

Blake still has 3 years on his deal after this year and will be 33 when it expires.  I would imagine he will still be a very, very, good player for all of that.  

1 hour ago, Hart said:

Call it what you want...rebuild, reload, restructure, adding different players, etc.  I am just advocating not trading Blake and tanking.

Blake still has 3 years on his deal after this year and will be 33 when it expires.  I would imagine he will still be a very, very, good player for all of that.  

Well don’t worry because Blake is untradeable. 

Ben Simmons is the first guard in 28 years to have a 20 point and 20 rebound game.  Sort of shocked Westbrook hasn't done it.

Fat Lever, if you were wondering.  He did it 4 times.  The Big O had 10 of them.  The Logo had one.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&is_playoffs=E&age_min=0&age_max=99&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&order_by=pts

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

ROY race is over.

lol colin sexton.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Ben Simmons is the first guard in 28 years to have a 20 point and 20 rebound game.  Sort of shocked Westbrook hasn't done it.

Fat Lever, if you were wondering.  He did it 4 times.  The Big O had 10 of them.  The Logo had one.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&is_playoffs=E&age_min=0&age_max=99&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&order_by=pts

Without looking, I want to say Lafayette did this during the full throttle fast break days of the Nuggets.

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

ROY race is over.

Ayton's strong season has flew under the radar imo.   Doncic has been getting all this attention and rightfully so but Ayton has been damn good in his own right. 

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Without looking, I want to say Lafayette did this during the full throttle fast break days of the Nuggets.

Lever (6'3" and 170) had 3 consecutive seasons where he averaged at least 18.9 points and at least 8.1 rebounds and at least 7.8 assists per game.  That's kind of silly.

I saw how Harden shot a Stanleyesque 1-17 from 3 last night.  Perhaps even more remarkable than that was despite that he still scored 38 points. 

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

andre to houston!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Where was this before when Calderon was destroying the second unit?

Getting ready to move Reggie...? I hope.

Kalin Licas added on a two way deal.

Something has to be about to happen, right?

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Kalin Licas added on a two way deal.

Something has to be about to happen, right?

The tank is on

This guy seems somewhat believable. Not a credible source, but he’s from Dallas and has a decent amount of followers. 

What he says makes sense. Doesn’t seem to be some troll making **** up. 

Man, it would’ve been nice to get Dre and Jackson out the door. 

No ****.  Just as I predicted (if the rumor is true), nobody is going to give up anything valuable for the Pistons bloated contracts. They just don't have the pieces to get Smith.

Until Pistons management gets it through their thick skulls that Drummond and Jackson have no value with those contracts, they won't be able to move them.

You can't move either guy. You want to give up draft picks and a young player to dump their contracts? That would be even dumber than taking back another toxic asset. They will ride out Jackson's contract first and then Drummonds. They need the draft picks and cheap assets they have. Getting rid of them to correct previous mistakes would be stupidity. Because cap room in Detroit does nothing for you. You aren't getting free agents to come. It has to be a draft, follow, and develop model. They changed the front office and brought in a lot of guys who think that way.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kdog said:

You can't move either guy. You want to give up draft picks and a young player to dump their contracts? That would be even dumber than taking back another toxic asset. They will ride out Jackson's contract first and then Drummonds. They need the draft picks and cheap assets they have. Getting rid of them to correct previous mistakes would be stupidity. Because cap room in Detroit does nothing for you. You aren't getting free agents to come. It has to be a draft, follow, and develop model. They changed the front office and brought in a lot of guys who think that way.

Preach.