Jump to content

Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I like when Chicago fans suffer.  Even if it isn't the Bulls fans.  

every time a non-cubs chicago team loses, an angel gets its wings.

when they lose in heart breaking fashion, an entire legion of sinners is released from purgatory, finally able to descend on the pearly gates thanks to the demonic horde of chicago fans being slain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not interested at all in moving future assets.  This team doesn't have a window right now.  Hovering around 7, 8, 9, 10 is not a window, unless it is boarded up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Sick.

 

shouldn't that be off-sides or icing or something.....

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reggie Bullock can probably get you a 1st round pick. Based on what Gores was talking about the other day, they are going to wait out the bad contracts(Wings, Tigers) and aim to build after 2020. I hope these guys have a better draft process and pick the right guys(i.e. not Kennard, Ellenson, Johnson).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Lakers can't trade for Davis do you think they'd be interested in Blake?  Sure he's 4 years older than Davis but they could have him now instead of having to wait 2 years if the Pelicans don't trade Davis plus they wouldn't have to give up as much young assets.  Not sure if there is a way to make the contracts work without LAL giving up one of their young guys but if there is a match I believe they would still be far enough under the cap to sign a max FA this summer and get to keep most of their young guys.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If the Lakers can't trade for Davis do you think they'd be interested in Blake?  Sure he's 4 years older than Davis but they could have him now instead of having to wait 2 years if the Pelicans don't trade Davis plus they wouldn't have to give up as much young assets.  Not sure if there is a way to make the contracts work without LAL giving up one of their young guys but if there is a match I believe they would still be far enough under the cap to sign a max FA this summer and get to keep most of their young guys.   

with a lot of high profile free agents coming on the market like durant and klay, i doubt the lakers would want to trade for griffin.  especially if they even have the slightest hint that davis may be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdog said:

Reggie Bullock can probably get you a 1st round pick. Based on what Gores was talking about the other day, they are going to wait out the bad contracts(Wings, Tigers) and aim to build after 2020. I hope these guys have a better draft process and pick the right guys(i.e. not Kennard, Ellenson, Johnson).

justin holliday is similar to bullock and he got two seconds.  bullock makes less than holliday, so thats something.  but i would be surprised if he netted a one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lakers would make more sense this summer if the miss out in free agency.  And they will miss out.  KD said it best a few weeks ago.  If you play with Lebron and win, its all him.  If you lose, its all the supporting casts fault.  

Not sure players want to deal with that.  Especially since one star wont make that team a contender.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe KD also coined the phrase “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I believe KD also coined the phrase “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.”

did he have to pay lebron royalties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

did he have to pay lebron royalties?

When did Lebron join the best team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shelton said:

When did Lebron join the best team?

when he took his talents to south beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buddha said:

did he have to pay lebron royalties?

No he had to pay Warrior's Club Membership fees...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buddha said:

when he took his talents to south beach.

Weren’t the heat merely a “good” team at the time? I admit to not remembering the details, but it feels like they became elite in response to lebron going there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelton said:

Weren’t the heat merely a “good” team at the time? I admit to not remembering the details, but it feels like they became elite in response to lebron going there. 

they added the best player in the world and one of the best power forwards in the game to a team with one of the best shooting guards in the game.

they were immediately the best team in the league.  which is why lebron went there in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddha said:

they added the best player in the world and one of the best power forwards in the game to a team with one of the best shooting guards in the game.

they were immediately the best team in the league.  which is why lebron went there in the first place.

Fair enough. I just think there is a distinction between leaving to form a super team and leaving to join the team that won 73 games the year before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×