Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

the case for fultz - if there is one - is that he could be a plus perimeter defender because of his athletic ability.  and the pistons desperately need that.

the case against fultz is that he sucks so bad offensively and is going to be very expensive.  how would you run an offense with drummond, fultz, and stanley on the court at the same time?  just lob the ball at the rim and tell everyone to go rebound?

if they traded, it would have to be ish and bullock.  gives philly shooting (in bullock) and the salaries match up.  hurts the pistons by taking away bullock, but they have kennard moving forward.  i wouldnt deal fultz for kennard.

Such a depressing franchise. 

Has to be the worst run franchise in Detroit with the least amount of hope, right?

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

The Bulls lol.

Jabari Parker is no longer in their regular rotation.

Pistons should try to trade for him.  He was the #2 pick for a reason.  

this bulls team is so much fun to watch because theyre so bad.  i love listening to stacey king tell me how they good they are and how much passion theyre playing with while theyre down 20 points.  even stacy gets a little tired of them doing stupid ****.

but hey, theyre playing with passion!

who knew that paying $20 million for a broken down, lazy, jabari parker would be a mistake? every day there is a different tweet about jabari being completely lost on defense.  its hilarious.  him and lavine on the court at the same time is awesome.  they dont try on defense and then either make a circus one on one shot or throw the ball into the stands on the other end.

the bulls implosion almost makes up for the bears being good.  almost.

I can’t think of anything that even comes close to making up for the bears being good. 

5 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I can’t think of anything that even comes close to making up for the bears being good. 

the good news is its stopped me from listening to chicago sports radio.

(although i did sneak a listen after the bulls implosion started and the consensus was that the bulls were going to be great now that they had a passionate coach on the sideline.  theyre 1-6 under coach wind sprint now).

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

The Bulls lol.

Jabari Parker is no longer in their regular rotation.

Pistons should try to trade for him.  He was the #2 pick for a reason.  

He's Harris without the jumper I fear.

Was Fultz a capable shooter in HS or college?

The reason I ask is that get his Thoracic Syndrome fixed and... maybe... he gets back to having a decent shot?

So would it then be worth it to take a chance on trading for him? A bet on fixing him health-wise?

4 hours ago, Shelton said:

Such a depressing franchise. 

Has to be the worst run franchise in Detroit with the least amount of hope, right?

They're all in a bad situation currently. The Red Wings probably have the most upside with the Pistons being a big zero on the hope meter. The Lions have plenty of young talent but they're the Lions so it'll.get wasted.

i think thr lions have "hope" simply because of the random nature of football and how much health and turnovers mean in any nfl season.  i dont think the lions have a surfeit of young talent.  in fact, i think theyre rather talent deficient compared to their peers, but they do have a qb and can get lucky enough to make a run.

but theyre the lions so we know they wont.

the red wings are accumulating young talent.  the tigers are theoretically doing the same thing.  two organizations finally committed to being on the right track, imo.

the pistons are the exact opposite.  the pistons have been committed to winning now for the last 7 or 8 years and have nothing to show for it.  it is likely that the team they have now will be basically the team they have for the next 4 years.  mediocre at best.

it would take a miracle of the nba rigging the lottery for the pistons like it did for the cavs and bulls for them to get back into relevance.

so yeah, long way of saying the pistons are the no-hopers of the bunch.  

5 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

He's Harris without the jumper I fear.

thats an insult to harris.

parker has a $20 million team option next year.  if someone wants to do a salary dump with the bulls he could be a good candidate.

the only problem being what team wants parker to sit on their bench for $20 million for the rest of the year?  

the bulls might be dumb enough to take a bad contract back if that contract contains a gritty, gutty, hustle player!  grrr!  grit!  culture!