Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

50 minutes ago, Buddha said:

would it shock anyone if the pistons traded for john wall?  get another expensive shiny toy we can put on a billboard next to gore's picture?

Yes, I would be shocked. 

We're in cap **** for the foreseeable future anyway so if Gores is willing to foot the bill might as well go after Wall. 

17 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2018/12/03/bulls-fire-coach-fred-hoiberg-ex-msu-assistant-jim-boylen-takes-over/2190970002/

Gut the organization like a fish to rebuild. Tons of injuries on top of being a very young team. SIGN JABARI PARKER. Coach gets fired.

Never will understand it!

fire the coach right before all their injured good players return is a good way to set up thr new coach to make him look good.

but the bulls are a mess.  hoiberg wad never going to be a good head coach, but the front office's personnel decisions never gave him a chance to really find out if he could have been.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, Buddha said:

fire the coach right before all their injured good players return is a good way to set up thr new coach to make him look good.

but the bulls are a mess.  hoiberg wad never going to be a good head coach, but the front office's personnel decisions never gave him a chance to really find out if he could have been.

They should start to win more now that those key guys are back.  This removes pressure from GarPax to extend Hoiberg when that happens.  

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

They should start to win more now that those key guys are back.  This removes pressure from GarPax to extend Hoiberg when that happens.  

Should have just fired him over the off-season. 

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

the bulls are a different kind of organization.  garpax have been in charge for so long and made so many mistakes, yet they never, ever get fired.

trade two picks (that end up being gary harris and josef nurkic) for doug mcdermott?  no problem!  then trade taj gibson and doug mcdermott and a second round pick for cam payne?  thats cool!  hire a coach who wants to run an up tempo three point shooting offense and then sign rajon rondo, dwayne wade, and draft slow *** denzel valentine?  thats ok!

i love watching the bulls suck.

Would you take Trevor Ariza? Phoenix is probably going to want a first rounder for him. If they take a bad contract back I would do it. 

12 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Would you take Trevor Ariza? Phoenix is probably going to want a first rounder for him. If they take a bad contract back I would do it. 

I think him and the Milwaukee first rounder get shipped to Philly for Fultz.  

Maybe the new injury revelation kills that though.  

worst loss in bulls franchise history.

bulls are lucky they played that game on the weekend.  come monday everyone will have forgotten about it because of the bears.

15 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I hate LeBron so I haven't watched many Laker games this year.  But KCP was two different players last year.

While he was in jail he was bad, really bad.  But once out he was pretty solid.  Look at his splits last year.  He was serving time in December and look how bad he shot.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/caldwke01/splits/2018

Since people will ask.  He was in some work release program.  He was technically locked up at night, but could participate in practice and games (In California) while serving his sentence.    

55 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The Pistons are going to sell their soul for a first round exit.  

whats the reasonable alternative?

they wont tear it down.  so is it worth a potential role player at #17 or get a player that might help you win a couple games or get lucky in the first round?

97.1 is talking about a report out of Philly where the Pistons are interested in trading for Fultz. If they don't have to deal a first round pick, is this deal worth doing?

37 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

97.1 is talking about a report out of Philly where the Pistons are interested in trading for Fultz. If they don't have to deal a first round pick, is this deal worth doing?

It depends on what Philly asks for.  I don't think I'd deal Johnson or Kennard for him but he's definitely a worthwhile reclamation project being so young and all.  I have no idea what his value is, he just got drafted #1 last year so he must have some value still.

I can't find anyone who will actually break down Fultz and his game and give me 3+ reasons the Pistons should get him.  It's all just, "He was the #1 pick for a reason."

That seems incredibly short sighted in evaluating a player.