Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/11/central-notes-lavine-giannis-pistons-arcidiacono.html

The Pistons would likely make a strong push for Bradley Beal if the Wizards choose to blow up their roster, Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press writes. Washington has started the season with a disappointing 3-9 record, and the Pistons could express interest in adding another shooter to the mix.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2018/11/10/detroit-pistons-mailbag/1957231002/

He’s young; he turns 26 in June.

And he’s expensive. Beal is in Year 3 of a five-year, $127.2 million deal.

When it comes to assets, the Pistons could offer Stanley Johnson, Luke Kennard or both.

Don’t laugh.

I know of one Eastern Conference team still interested in obtaining Johnson – not surprising when you consider the belief that most franchises have the hubris to believe they can unlock the potential in any prospect.

And that would include Johnson, who still flashes tantalizing two-way potential.

And shooting is always coveted.

The Pistons would have to include a big salary.

Andre Drummond comes to mind, but I believe the franchise is intent on moving forward with the Griffin-Drummond frontline.

Reggie Jackson?

I haven’t checked recently, but his trade value was low last season.

It’s tough to see a scenario where that’s changed.

Safe bet the Pistons would have to include a first-round pick – maybe even two – in any package.

A deal for Beal is unlikely because other teams have more assets.

The only reason I brought up his name is because he was the first player mentioned when I ran the question by a Pistons source.

The source said the Pistons would give it 20 games with the current roster before exploring trade options.

lol.  beal.

the pistons dont have the assets to trade for bradley beal.

reminds me of the heady days of lindsay hunter, terry mills and a pick for chris webber.

I'm sure some teams are still interested in SJ.  But that does not mean they will pay a premium for him.

Having said that, I would trade Drummond for any player in the league who has a cheaper and/or shorter contract.  Getting rid of him should be priority #1 for this organization.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

the pistons dont have the assets to trade for 

And that's it right there.  Even if they were to bring something it, it creates a void elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I'm sure some teams are still interested in SJ.  But that does not mean they will pay a premium for him.

Having said that, I would trade Drummond for any player in the league who has a cheaper and/or shorter contract.  Getting rid of him should be priority #1 for this organization.  

If the Wizards called today and offered Beal for Drummond, I'd have him on the plane within the hour. Drummond is a good player, but the Pistons desperately need a good wing player. Look at what teams are doing to Blake. Every time he gets the ball he gets doubled. He passes out of it and teams are closing hard on Bullock, Jackson, GR III, Galloway because they know they're not good enough to consistently beat them off the bounce. Plus when Blake is out there with Andre, you can leave Drummond alone unless he's right under the basket.

If Casey wants to play small, Griffin must be the center. Jackson, Beal, Bullock, GR III, Blake. 

Both my teams, Pistons and Pelicans, are 6-6. Pels have played a tough schedule, Pistons haven't. 

Pelicans need to attach their 2019 first to Solomon Hill and try to take back a big contract that can actually contribute. Niko + their first to Asik was a great move for them.

Pistons need to find a wing player that can play. Drummond for Beal makes sense for both sides, but I doubt it happens with D 12 there in DC.

if youre detroit, would you trade for markelle fultz?

his value cant be lower than it is now.  would you do kennard for fultz and a pick?

21 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Caris LeVert with a brutal injury. Prayers up for this young man. 

no surgery for LeVert. 'Just' a dislocation - minimal ligament injury they said. Damn hard to believe but good for him.

13 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

no surgery for LeVert. 'Just' a dislocation - minimal ligament injury they said. Damn hard to believe but good for him.

That news made me so happy. So weird how connected to these guys you can feel. It makes no sense. 

15 hours ago, Buddha said:

if youre detroit, would you trade for markelle fultz?

his value cant be lower than it is now.  would you do kennard for fultz and a pick?

Trading shooting for no shooting seems to be a good way to shorten your GM life expectancy.  

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Trading shooting for no shooting seems to be a good way to shorten your GM life expectancy.  

Stanley for Fultz! Who can shoot worse!

8 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Stanley for Fultz! Who can shoot worse!

A credit to Fultz, at least he seems to understand he can't shoot.

SJ shoots 8.8 three's per/100.   Fultz is only at 1.7 attempts per/100.  

That makes me sad.

Id do Luke for Fultz in a heartbeat.  I think the reward outweighs the risk.  What's the worst that can happen?  Fultz shot stays broken? Even if that happens how much better is Luke going to end up?  I think it would be worth taking a flyer on and hoping Fultz turns into the superstar that made him the number 1 pick.  

21 minutes ago, Buddha said:

how about reggie for fultz?  can fultz defend?

Why would Philly do that?

WTF was that?

FWIW, Nate Duncan talked about Fultz on his podcast.  He talked with some league execs about his trade value.  

One said mid first round pick.  The rest said 2nd round pick or a very end of the rotation type veteran.  Basically an 8th or 9th man.

I would do SJ and a 2nd for him, but nothing else.  Philly might do that just for the cap relief.  No way on Kennard.  His shooting is valuable to Detroit and he is really cheap.  Fultz is owed $30M over the next 3 years.  Kennard is owed $12M over the same time span.  Kennard can punish teams that double Blake.  Fultz basically can't play with Blake since he can't shoot.  He needs the ball in his hands to be effective and the Pistons want to play through Blake.  So he would be a bad fit here.  

• Like 1

philly is looking for shooting and detroit is desperate for shooting to surround blake and andre.

fultz isnt a fit here unless they wanted to trade reggie.  but philly doesnt want reggie because he makes too much money and is a dominant ball handler and philly already has a far superior version of that in simmons.

No thanks to dealing Kennard for Fultz.  Kennard still has a lot of potential as a volume shooter, a potential Redick which the Pistons could really use, and Fultz seems broken.  I know he's still so young but I'd rather not part with Kennard to take on that risk and they certainly have no need for Reggie.  I'd consider parting with a 1st rounder for him since I think the Pistons likely make the playoffs as a low seed.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:38 AM, Buddha said:

philly is looking for shooting and detroit is desperate for shooting to surround blake and andre.

fultz isnt a fit here unless they wanted to trade reggie.  but philly doesnt want reggie because he makes too much money and is a dominant ball handler and philly already has a far superior version of that in simmons.

Not sure he is a fit even with Reggie gone.  Running the offense through Blake means you need a PG who can spot up, which Fultz obviously can't do.

I think at this point Philly would take a pick and an expiring for Fultz.  So a pick and SJ would work.  They are about to give Bulter $35M per, Embiid got his, and Simmons is due his.  That is three guys eating up 90% of your cap.  You can't have someone who doesn't contribute like Fultz making $10M and $12M the next two years.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Not sure he is a fit even with Reggie gone.  Running the offense through Blake means you need a PG who can spot up, which Fultz obviously can't do.

I think at this point Philly would take a pick and an expiring for Fultz.  So a pick and SJ would work.  They are about to give Bulter $35M per, Embiid got his, and Simmons is due his.  That is three guys eating up 90% of your cap.  You can't have someone who doesn't contribute like Fultz making $10M and $12M the next two years.  

is fultz any good? at anything?  i know he cant shoot but does he have freakish athleticism that might end up in a plus defender or a pnr roll guard who can get to the basket?  

i dont know.  regardless, detroit is not a good trade partner for philly.  although i would trade stanley for almost anything.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

is fultz any good? at anything?  i know he cant shoot but does he have freakish athleticism that might end up in a plus defender or a pnr roll guard who can get to the basket?  

i dont know.  regardless, detroit is not a good trade partner for philly.  although i would trade stanley for almost anything.

He's doing a good Anthony Bennet impersonation.

Whose worse, the Pistons for passing on Mitchell and taking Kennard of the Sixers for passing on Tatum and taking Fultz?

10 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Whose worse, the Pistons for passing on Mitchell and taking Kennard of the Sixers for passing on Tatum and taking Fultz?

The Sixers didn't just pass on Tatum, they traded a future 1st round pick to move up and take Fultz. 

12 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Depends on how you want to grade it.

In a vacuum, Philly by far made the worst pick.

In terms of damage to an organization, the Detroit pick was worse.  Mostly because Philly was playing with house money, much like Detroit and Darko back in 2004.  

Interesting you mention Tatum when the player in question should be De'Aaron Fox.  Tatum is a nice player and will have a great career.  But Fox is already the best player from that draft class.

Speaking of Mitchell, he looks bad this year.  He's still getting his points but he is really forcing things and his efficiency is way down.  I think he is shooting 41/29 which is really bad and ironically worse than Fultz.  

If you want to get a glimpse of this years early ROY, check out a Mavericks game and Luka Doncic.