Motor City Sonics

Game 9 Detroit @ Chicago. The City of Big Shoulder Pads

Lol, 2nd sack.   How bad is the combo of JBC and Matt stafford.  Amateur hour.  

Tens of millions of dollars and multiple first round picks invested into the offensive line and these are the results we get. I don't know what frustrates me more, the pathetic offensive line play or a QB that can't live up to his contract. Either way, they both contribute to this team flat out sucking.

And the Lions end up punting.  Stafford is the king of making sure the Lions can’t score points.  He has learned nothing in 10 years in the NFL. 

and they punt.....................pleast go 91 yards for a TD,  Chicago.   I now hate my home team.   

Only so many times a dog can get beat and not turn on it's owner.   

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Tens of millions of dollars and multiple first round picks invested into the offensive line and these are the results we get. I don't know what frustrates me more, the pathetic offensive line play or a QB that can't live up to his contract. Either way, they both contribute to this team flat out sucking.

both

Haha, 3rd and 4 and the lions jump.  Patricia really coaching them up.  

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

And the Lions end up punting.  Stafford is the king of making sure the Lions can’t score points.  He has learned nothing in 10 years in the NFL. 

One of the things Stafford is supposedly given is the ability to check plays at the line and make audibles and quick reads to change the play. He doesn't seem to do that very well. Either that, or the talent around him is so putrid that it doesn't matter what he checks into. With exception to offensive line protection (depending on the week) I don't think that's the case though and lay blame on Stafford. 10 years of being in the league, studying film, working with multiple OC's and QB coaches, you'd think he would be better.

We are at the nexus here, the tipping point............where even the people that defended Stafford have given up. 

I think Matthew has given up.   I don't think it's intentional

Working in radio I had a couple of occasions where I worked for miserable people.  Nothing you did was ever good enough, even when  you went beyond a goal.   One day you are sitting there at work and you realize that you aren't giving your all.  You didn't intend to be that way but at a cellular level, down in your DNA your being won't allow you to give a **** anymore.   I think Stafford is there. 

Watching the Patriots vs Titans game instead.  Much more interesting.

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

One of the things Stafford is supposedly given is the ability to check plays at the line and make audibles and quick reads to change the play. He doesn't seem to do that very well. Either that, or the talent around him is so putrid that it doesn't matter what he checks into. With exception to offensive line protection (depending on the week) I don't think that's the case though and lay blame on Stafford. 10 years of being in the league, studying film, working with multiple OC's and QB coaches, you'd think he would be better.

Word is that Joe Lombardi said they had to really dumb things down for Stafford and the Jets hinted at the fact that they knew every play that was coming, and the last few weeks the Seahawks, Vikings and even the Bears seem to know what's coming.  

Man, if only Jim Caldwell was a better game-manager.    The rest of the job he was aces.   Dude's gotta be laughing his *** off right now. 

• Like 1

How come almost every other QB in this league seems to get it at some point, but ours continues to play like a rookie. 

LOL TOUCH DOWN BEARS..........................AND THE DEFENDER PLAYED IT WELL TOO

Glad I started the Bears defense today. Posted in the wrong thread a minute ago.

• Thanks 1