Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 10: Pistons @ Magic

Hopefully Bullock returns. I look forward to Vucevic torching Drummond and Augustin torching Jackson. 

Do you remember when you used to could do this at age 42?  No, you can't. Because you couldn't.  Not at 42.  Not at 32.  Probably not even at 22.

Its, OK, neither could I.

11 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Hopefully Bullock returns. I look forward to Vucevic torching Drummond and Augustin torching Jackson. 

But Drummond will have a 20/20 (whilst giving up a 30/16).  If he stays in long enough before fouling out.

Out of nowhere, the Pistons just played their best quarter of the season to win. Great defense, offense was crisp with ball movement. 

Big win to get to 5-5. 

I like Stanley off the bench playing PF. He cannot start. He cannot play SG or SF. Surround him with shooters. It’s sad it has to be that way, but that’s the only way he’s effective. 

Short leash too. Get him the **** out when he’s struggling. 

I had this on in the background whilst doing some basketball coaching research, so I cannot say I was truly in tune with the game.  I think, however, that I've got a basic plan for the upcoming season.

The box score of this game is broked.  All starters were between -8 and -11.  The bench players were between +14 and +20.  And Johnson was a contributor.

Leuer, Stanley, and a 2019 first for Evan Fournier. He would really help our shooting woes.

Multiple issues:

1) Fournier is one of the worst defenders... so why would Casey go for that? The worst defender at SG appears to be Devin Booker. But at least he's still young and might change his mind and start playing defense. Fournier ain't changing. So why not just wait for Bullock to get to 100% (he'll get better in a week or two... I guaran... err, hoping so at least...); and Kennard to get healthy again?

2) I do guarantee... that Casey is trying to figure out a way to "turn the light bulb on" inside Stanley's head. Maybe bench PF is the right way to go. Or bench SF/PF, whatever favors him matchup-wise. I don't know what works. But it might be a season too premature to give up on SJ. Let's see what Casey can come up with.

3) I mean... I'm fed up with Stanley too. WTF? What the **** is wrong with him? They turned him down on his fifth-year... right? But... here is the critical issue: you have to have a compelling reason to trade him, PLUS a 1st rounder, and Leuer, for Fournier. How does that make this team better when he is not appreciably different or better than Bullock/ Kennard? I just don't see it.

Butler? **** yes! But we ain't getting him with what we can offer. Middleton?! Absolutely PERFECT!!! Bucks ain't trading him to us or anyone though... Tyreke Evans would work... but Pacers aren't doing anything either when they're winning... 

I see Fournier as a lateral move, or worse. I do see a very short window of this team attempting to "win now", before it completely implodes. That would be when Blake gets so bad health-wise that he can't make a difference for us anymore. Reggie will be about done by that time as well. Give us two years to try and do something in the playoffs? Dead-in-the-water by 2021? ? So maybe we trade a 1st for a "win-now" player? But I don't see that as Fournier. When can we convey our next 1st? 2021? 2019 is to LA for Blake, right (or am I wrong on that?) That's when this team will be imploded and it'll be a top 3 pick (almost guaranteed...). So... a "projected" top-3 NBA draft pick for... Evan Fournier? Nope. Middleton maybe? Butler definitely. Tyreke... nope.

Tough to find an available player at the right price and right talent fit that gets us that jolt that we need...

On 11/8/2018 at 12:48 PM, Sydney_Fife said:

Leuer, Stanley, and a 2019 first for Evan Fournier. He would really help our shooting woes.

PS: If there's a guy I would go after, it would be Covington. Doubt Minny is looking to move him again. They'll want him and Saric to grow into a team with KAT... but, complementary player, great defender, has some O skills and range, already past his learning curve... Perfect fit for what we need IMO.