six-hopper

Thanks, Matthew!

Although I was enjoying the Lions - Vikings game, and especially the increasing likelihood that the Lions would not score a touchdown, a truly noteworthy feat in today's NFL, it appeared that it might go down as merely a run-of-the-mill example of this franchise's ineptitude, without a signature Lions' moment such as last week's giving up a first down to a punter running out of the back of his own end zone.  But then came The Pitch, which saved the day.

Thanks, Matthew!

And this from a 10 yr vet. Sure, he was trying to make things happen, but, real dumb. At this point, save his salary and I'd rather lose without him than with him.

Stafford is taking a lot of heat from all over, including ex players.    Not saying Stafford isn't talented.  Not saying he doesn't work hard, but he's not the guy that will get the Lions to a Super Bowl and they are paying him 27 million a year. 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Stafford is taking a lot of heat from all over, including ex players.    Not saying Stafford isn't talented.  Not saying he doesn't work hard, but he's not the guy that will get the Lions to a Super Bowl and they are paying him 27 million a year. 

Does he have a no trade clause? If not, will any team take on that salary and also give us some picks? Even if all that would work, who will play QB for us? I think we'll be stuck with Stafford for a few more years. See how many more coaches he can get fired.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Does he have a no trade clause?

Yes - it's called a 'cap hit'

13 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

six-hopper thread.  Yippee.

So a thread is started about a player we have to keep playing because of the money with no solution and no plans suggested for a different QB? I've been a Lions fan for a long time and Stafford is by far not the worst QB I have seen. Problem? Show solutions.

"Lions fanz": I wish our QB would show some heart and try to win.

Also Lions fanz: "omgz did you see my qb fumble on an improv pitch on 2nd and 14 with 6 minutes left in the game while losing?"

There is so much to criticize from this game, including from Stafford. If this is your take on this game, please turn off 97.1 and get a real opinion. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

So a thread is started about a player we have to keep playing because of the money with no solution and no plans suggested for a different QB? I've been a Lions fan for a long time and Stafford is by far not the worst QB I have seen. Problem? Show solutions.

?

There is no solution.

The Lions gave the money to this guy and now they are stuck with him for the next couple years.

I think he's am average to below average starter who racks up gaudy statistics in garbage time once the game is out of reach.

He seems like a really nice guy though.  At least it isn't Jameis Winston signed to that contract.

On Friday, November 09, 2018 at 3:09 AM, cruzer1 said:

?

I don't want the problem solved.  I'm enjoying this.

Besides, it's not my job to solve it.  The Lions are paying people millions of dollars to do that.  Why should I do it for free?

The Detroit Lyings Football group ..where 9-7 is one of their greatest teams over the past 50 seasons.

• Haha 1