Sydney_Fife

Game 9: Heat @ Pistons

Kelly O getting superstar treatment. Been allowed to walk, flop, stand in the lane for an hour. WTF?  

It should be against the geneva convention for a team to play Stanley Johnson and Langston Galloway at the same time

Stanley with a -20 in 11 minutes. Zaza totally out of his element tonight with Miami’s stretch bigs. 

Again DC goes to 5 bench guys and we get crushed. Miami has demolished our bench. 

Miami in control up 8 after 3. They’re the better team. Pistons will not make the playoffs with this group. 

I'm just about done with Reggie. I could tolerate the trash defense if he was bringing it offensively but he's been a big liability offensively as well. I think the injuries have caught up with him, not much left in those legs. The SVG legacy is the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm not saying the Pistons have a great roster or anything, but it's just baffling to me that guys like Galloway and Calderon are getting so many minutes.

Pistons down 12. This one is over. 5 straight losses and counting. Cannot make shots. 

This team will be the 9-10 seed as currently constructed. 

Stanley Johnson is one of the worst players in the league. Just a total waste of space. 

Who on this team is a + offensive player right now? Blake and Ish? Maybe Jackson? Bullock when healthy.

And they suck defensively despite only having 3 or 4 guys who can score

1 minute ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

So...

Casey ain't workin' no magic with this team...?

I don't think he's a particularly good coach, but signing people like Galloway and having a first round pick history of: KCP, Stanley, Ellenson, Kennard made this an awfully tough job for any coach. Blake vs the World roster

Ish Smith is a really good role player. It's too bad they don't have a starting point guard who can play D

What really stands out, is that every single other team in the NBA has so many guys who can knock down threes, and the Pistons have almost zero reliable shooters

With Bullock out, is there anyone on the roster you feel confident taking an open three? Is Blake the best shooter they have? Terrifying

8 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

a first round pick history of: KCP, Stanley, Ellenson, Kennard made this an awfully tough job for any coach. Blake vs the World roster

that level of incompetence should have at least set them up for a couple of consecutive lottery picks - but Stan even screwed that up.

Andre on the court, can't get a rebound. Then Galloway gives away a needless game losing foul. This team is so fun

55 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

I'm not saying the Pistons have a great roster or anything, but it's just baffling to me that guys like Galloway and Calderon are getting so many minutes.

Calderon?

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

Calderon?

yeah the guy playing 11 minutes a game and shooting 35% from the floor. No, not him, the other guy shooting like that, no, not Stanley, the OTHER one.

Jose Calderon? That guy that was in the league in 2005 or whatever?

Another epic game, Pistons had a 2 point lead when Richardson buried a huge three. Pistons had a great look for GRIII to go up 2 late and he missed. It’s a make or miss league. Pistons are a bad shooting team. 

4-5. We’ve been horrible on the road in recent years so it wouldn’t surprise me if they lose in Orlando and/or Atlanta. Kemba is going off on Sunday that’s for sure. 

Jackson looked good at the end. Just desperately miss Bullock and Kennard. Without them this is the single worst shooting team in the NBA and it’s not close. 

Stanley didn’t score in 14 minutes and was -21 

Brown didn’t score. Zaza didn’t score. Calderon didn’t score. Leuer didn’t score. 

All I am hoping for is 43 wins and a playoff berth. 

East locks: Boston, Toronto, Philly, Milwaukee, Indiana. 

Bubble teams: Miami, Charlotte, Washington, Detroit 

Lottery: Brooklyn, Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta, New York, Cleveland 

4 teams fighting for 3 spots. One of those bubble teams will miss the playoffs and be in NBA ****. No playoffs and a low lottery pick. 

48 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Stanley didn’t score in 14 minutes and was -21 

Brown didn’t score. Zaza didn’t score. Calderon didn’t score. Leuer didn’t score. 

Johnson should not get starter’s minutes. His role is an energy / defense guy off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game, and the only shots he should be given permission to take are put backs and layups.