Sydney_Fife

Game 8: Pistons @ 76ers

1:10 tip tomorrow. Embiid and Redick are about to go off in this one. 

Bullock doubtful but doesn’t sound like a long-term injury. Kennard still a couple weeks away. Will be interesting to see if Leuer gets any run at PF. 

Stanley on Simmons will decide this one. He did a pretty good job on him last season I remember. 

We know Embiid will dominate Drummond. Can’t wait for all those wild shots Andre will toss up there. 

Pistons have nobody to chase Redick around. Probably 4-4 coming home for Miami. 

14 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

We know Embiid will dominate Drummond. Can’t wait for all those wild shots Andre will toss up there.

This matchup makes me feel bad.  I believe Embiid does have significant presence in Drummond's head and Drummond just can't shake it or use the motivation from trying to overcome that imbalance in the proper way.  He just needs to play his game on offense and put a body on Embiid on the other side.  Embiid is going to get his points.  There will be no shutout there.  But limit him, try to keep him to 20/9, something like that.

21 minutes ago, Casimir said:

This matchup makes me feel bad.  I believe Embiid does have significant presence in Drummond's head and Drummond just can't shake it or use the motivation from trying to overcome that imbalance in the proper way.  He just needs to play his game on offense and put a body on Embiid on the other side.  Embiid is going to get his points.  There will be no shutout there.  But limit him, try to keep him to 20/9, something like that.

This is someplace you would like to believe coaching can make a difference. Now that Casey has seen the situation I guess we'll see if it does.

Drummond out already with 2 fouls. Embiid taking him to school so far. 

Casey already showing his tendency to stick to his plan rather than adapting to the opposition. That was a big complaint in Toronto. Continue the strategy of sinking the big man on the screen rather than showing hard or switching and shooters like JJ will be killing us year long with wide open looks.  

Ugh. Dre finally back in the game:

Dre fade away 17 footer. Miss. 

Embiid layup on Dre.

Dre blocked by Embiid.

Embiid scores on Dre.

Embiid in the paint draws Dre’s third foul. 

Dre sits back down. 

All within 2 minutes. 

Stanley has been absolutely awful (again). Bad shots, turnovers, and poor defense. Can we be done with him please?

Sizers with 55 points already and 5 minutes left in the second. Mercy rule?

Drummond:

4 minutes, 0-3, 1 rebound, 3 fouls, 0 points

Embiid:

17 minutes, 8-9, 8 rebounds, 32 points

hE's nOt In mY hEAd

4 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

This is someplace you would like to believe coaching can make a difference. Now that Casey has seen the situation I guess we'll see if it does.

OK - Just kidding...

5 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Drummond:

4 minutes, 0-3, 1 rebound, 3 fouls, 0 points

Embiid:

17 minutes, 8-9, 8 rebounds, 32 points

hE's nOt In mY hEAd

He's in my head.

Philly probably would like to change the disqualification to 10 fouls so Drummond can stay on the floor.

15 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

What a mess. This team really needs to make some trades. 

It is disappointing that after a season in which Andre made such a great stride with his FT shooting, which is huge for his game, he comes out this season and already has twice shown how mentally weak he still is even after 6 yrs as a pro. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It is disappointing that after a season in which Andre made such a great stride with his FT shooting, which is huge for his game, he comes out this season and already has twice shown how mentally weak he still is even after 6 yrs as a pro. 

#1 problem with his game is his mind. That’s what’s so frustrating about him. Cut out the dumb shots, lack of effort games, and do what he does best and he’d be a great asset. 

Pistons come out with a nice run. 

Stanley’s line: 2 pts, 2 turnovers, 3 fouls. 

Dre’s 4th. Phantom call. If anything it was an offensive foul. Weak. 

Pistons letting it grow close to 20 again. As soon as Pistons get it to 9, they've done nothing.

Correction - two Drummond missed free throws earned the crowd a free frosty from Wendy's.

This team. They love shooting themselves in the foot. Mentally weak. 

Ish really struggling as well. Galloway just isn’t as good as he thinks he is with all those off balance threes he takes.