Gehringer_2

November 2018 Game Threads

Wings win 6-1.  7-1 in past 8. 32 goals in past 8.

18 points in 18 games.

Worst record in the NHL over the first 9 games, 3rd best record in the NHL over the last 9 games.

Only if he gets rid of his behind the back, blind back-hand pass that lead to an up ice rush for the other team.

I'd wager he averages two per game.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:22 PM, Gehringer_2 said:

He's been playing well, though I wish he wasn't quite so in love with his little behind the back blind pass. Pretty play in its place,  but too many of Gus' end up as turnovers.

I should have commented on this before, but this +1000

Kenneth H is going to load up for the playoff run folks.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

Way too much winning. This sucks. 

Also need NYI to start losing. Wings have the Islanders' 2nd round pick this year.  Would like that to be top 40 overall (top 9 of 2nd round) but NYI is currently 13th in the 31 team league. Would only take a couple of losses for the Wings or Islanders to drop into the bottom 5 though.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

And trading a couple veterans wouldn't necessarily change that...

I'm still on board, despite what I just said, to move Nyquist as fast as is humanly possible... like... yesterday.

5 hours ago, Shelton said:

Currently 7 points out of last (whew LA is bad) with one more game played than LA, 6% chance at first overall and 19% at top three...I would love to slip lower but at least they only have 3 more points than Vegas at second to last so they're still in this! 

Zadina scored a couple of goals this afternoon (yes, afternoon) for Grand Rapids, now has 6 goals and 4 assists in 14 games after a slow start.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

TSN ranks the Wings' "top 4 core under 24" of Larkin, Cholowski, Rasmussen & Zadina as 11th best in the NHL. Edmonton 1, Toronto 2, Vancouver 3 (Petterson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes).

https://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-carries-oilers-to-top-of-core-4-under-24-list-1.1192759

I understand why bad teams get the best picks, but there is still something wrong in a system where you can get good too fast to get better,

20 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I understand why bad teams get the best picks, but there is still something wrong in a system where you can get good too fast to get better,

If Jack Hughes goes #1 to Edmonton or Arizona he should refuse to report.

6 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

We still have a lot of the bad teams stuck in rebuilds...looking at you Arizona...they looked bad last game.  So it doesn't always work out, but when Toronto stockpiles these young guys it is pretty interesting how fast it can turn around.

4 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

We still have a lot of the bad teams stuck in rebuilds...looking at you Arizona...they looked bad last game.  So it doesn't always work out, but when Toronto stockpiles these young guys it is pretty interesting how fast it can turn around.

assuming they win less than 40 this season, that will be 3 sub 40 win seasons for the Wings, Toronto had 8. If that is what it takes, that still sucks.

Wings down 2-1 in Ottawa in the 2nd. Should the Wings give up the next goal on purpose in order to achieve the coveted 2-goal deficit?

Ottawa is definitely contender in the Jack Hughes Sweepstakes. So tonight's game is, as Sid Abel would say, a 4-point game.