Gehringer_2

November 2018 Game Threads

For the first time this season, 20 minutes in I feel this is a game I expect the Wings to win.

45 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

For the first time this season, 20 minutes in I feel this is a game I expect the Wings to win.

You could see them getting a little lax in the second and sure enough they left a guy wide open. I know coaches don't like to use their TO until the end, but there was a spot there were you have to wonder if would not have been the worst thing to pull them off the ice and tell them to clear their heads for a minute. But a nice flurry at the end of the period to draw the penalty going into the 3rd.

That's what I want to see from Rasmussen. Parked in the crease on the PP, converts a rebound. 2-2 with 15 minutes left in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

That's what I want to see from Rasmussen. Parked in the crease on the PP, converts a rebound. 2-2 with 15 minutes left in the 3rd.

Good hands on the rebound!

Somebody is going to have their defense take a run at him in front of the net soon if he keeps producing. 

The Habs scored goals 2 seconds apart tonight, a record. Game winner in the final minute, folllowed by an empty netter off the faceoff.

10 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Wings win their 3rd straight. Is this team better than we think, lol?

Defense in the zone still lapses but tonight their forecheck was good - they were not easy to bring the puck up against

Also Cholowski with a nice play to save a goal in one of the scrums in front of Howard.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:31 AM, kdog said:

I didn't realize the Kings were this bad:

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

The Kings remind me of the San Francisco Giants. Weren't elite for a long period and never had dominant regular seasons, but got the maximum playoff success. Since starting to be good in 2010, only hit the 100-pt level twice, never got more than 102 points, and only made it out of the 1st round three times - but got 2 Cups and a conference final loss out of it. Since their '14 Cup, have missed the playoffs twice and have been knocked out in the 1st round the other two seasons.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:05 AM, lordstanley said:

The Kings remind me of the San Francisco Giants. Weren't elite for a long period and never had dominant regular seasons, but got the maximum playoff success. Since starting to be good in 2010, only hit the 100-pt level twice, never got more than 102 points, and only made it out of the 1st round three times - but got 2 Cups and a conference final loss out of it. Since their '14 Cup, have missed the playoffs twice and have been knocked out in the 1st round the other two seasons.

Well said, I also think they were good right as the league started changing styles and now they are just too slow.  I wish the Wings could pry a defenseman off of them.

Wings lost to Edmonton last night 4-3. But another point for Rasmussen and one for Larkin so that's good. Bertuzzi scored his 5th goal last night - I could see him scoring 15+ this season.

16 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Wings lost to Edmonton last night 4-3. But another point for Rasmussen and one for Larkin so that's good. Bertuzzi scored his 5th goal last night - I could see him scoring 15+ this season.

Wanted to see this one but we were out last night and I forget to set the DVR. It's sounds like they were competitive. Bertuzzi seems a little inconsistent. I don't know what his assignments are but a couple of the games I watched you wouldn't have known he was playing - other times he looks like he might be a guy that can have some impact.

Kings fire their head coach and hire ex-Canucks coach Willie DesjardinsFrom talking to local Canucks fans here, expect boring hockey from the Kings.

As for Bertuzzi, turning out nicely late for a late 2nd round pick.That sad, I don't consider him a member of the core or irreplaceable. Good depth player while he is still cheap.

17 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Kings fire their head coach and hire ex-Canucks coach Willie DesjardinsFrom talking to local Canucks fans here, expect boring hockey from the Kings.

They added Marco Sturm as well, he was coaching in Germany I believe.  Some people think he could get elevated to the head coach after the season.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:05 PM, lordstanley said:

Good comp