Motor City Sonics

Golden Tate to Philly

Ansah has been in practice every week. The Lions are mum about what injury he has. Something smells here. I'm not saying it's Ansah, but the Lions may be holding him out for some reason. 

The Ansah situation kinda reminds me of the Levy situation from a few years ago.  Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but wasn't he out for alot longer than people expected and rumblings started up about his desire to play?

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Ansah situation kinda reminds me of the Levy situation from a few years ago.  Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but wasn't he out for alot longer than people expected and rumblings started up about his desire to play?

Yep.    Ziggy's got his $17 million and someone will be willing to cough up 8-12 million a year in free agency.   It won't be the Lions.  .    He wants to be 100%.  Give me a break.  It's week 9 of the NFL, NOBODY is 100%.   Be rid of him.

I can see a scenario where he comes back with about 4 games left and plays well to show he's still got it and by then the Lions will be 5-7 or something like that,  out of the race and he'll beef up his stats against a bad or battered team or two like he did last year.  

Yeah and really Quinn doing that. And that it was a smart move. And that really it is all about cap space and moving on forward.

I think Kerryon's receiving ability also made Tate more expendable.   I think now that the Lions are confident in him and know what they have they expect to give him more targets by evidence of his 12 this past week.     So between him and Riddick when he returns you're going to already have RBs that can sorta play that Tate role in regards to short passes.   

• Like 1

I'm cool with the deal. Thought we had enough to pay Tate and still get the defenders we need, but the value is nice and he is a slot in the end. Tomlinson and Tate for Hand and Snacks basically in the end. Kinda sums up Mayhew vs Quinn lol

4 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

I'm cool with the deal. Thought we had enough to pay Tate and still get the defenders we need, but the value is nice and he is a slot in the end. Tomlinson and Tate for Hand and Snacks basically in the end. Kinda sums up Mayhew vs Quinn lol

Well Mayhew was the one who signed Tate. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ansah has been in practice every week. The Lions are mum about what injury he has. Something smells here. I'm not saying it's Ansah, but the Lions may be holding him out for some reason. 

My suspicion is that Patricia doesn’t trust him with the playbook. He started playing football very late, and he is a one-dimensional player. Patricia just has more confidence in other players. 

Im ok with the deal.  Tate gave us a **** of a 4 year period.  Good luck in Philly but I'll take the 3rd round pic.

Now lets get Kenny G the fricken ball.

2 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

He's injured. Show me where he's shown that he doesn't want to play? He's going to be a bargain next year on a one year deal. That might not get the Lions a good enough comp pick, so I'm signing him to a 1 year deal. He might want to leave, knowing the Lions can't tag him.

19 plays.  sporadic play last year.

you advocated signing him to a long term extension before this year, you still think the lions should do that?

Watching Sportscenter and I believe it was Bill Polian on.  They asked him about the deadline and who he thought was gonna win the East and he says "I think the Eagles are going to win it,  I think the addition of Golden Tate is going to propel them pass the Redskins." 

I'm not trying to downplay Tate's ability and what he contributed here but I find it funny how he was an afterthought with the Lions to most of these pundits but now he is such a game changer that he can propel a team to pick up 2 games in the loss column in half of season.   

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

19 plays.  sporadic play last year.

you advocated signing him to a long term extension before this year, you still think the lions should do that?

1 year is all he should get.

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watching Sportscenter and I believe it was Bill Polian on.  They asked him about the deadline and who he thought was gonna win the East and he says "I think the Eagles are going to win it,  I think the addition of Golden Tate is going to propel them pass the Redskins." 

I'm not trying to downplay Tate's ability and what he contributed here but I find it funny how he was an afterthought with the Lions to most of these pundits but now he is such a game changer that he can propel a team to pick up 2 games in the loss column in half of season.   

Nobody cares about the Lions. 

Just look at the Harrison trade.  All the talk was about the Giants firesale, not about the Lions acquiring an elite run stuffer for the stretch run.  If it had been the Lions dealing him to the Giants, all the talk would have centered around the Giants playoff push, not the Lions firesale. They are an afterthought in the mainstream media.

1 playoff win in 61 years probably does that to you.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

And deservedly so.

Absolutely

10 minutes ago, kdog said:

1 playoff win in 61 years probably does that to you.

That and Detroit is an irrelevant market.  The Jets have more relevance than the Lions and their history is just as putrid outside of Broadway Joe.

14 hours ago, Buddha said:

what gives you any hope that ansah's injuries will improve?  the dude does not want to play football anymore and any team that signs him to more than a one year prove it deal is burning money.

the lions had no choice and now look where it got them.  he's played 19 snaps.

Reminds me a lot of Levy at the end.

My guess they have someone they want to plug into that role on the team already, they have plenty of good receivers to spread the ball around...he gone after this year and we got a thiird rounder for missing him for 9 games?  Worth it.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

That and Detroit is an irrelevant market.  The Jets have more relevance than the Lions and their history is just as putrid outside of Broadway Joe.

Compared to NY everyone is an irrelevant market, but I am kid of sick of hearing this repeated.  We are 13th in the country in major market areas in Nielson rating.  In the country.

4 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Compared to NY everyone is an irrelevant market, but I am kid of sick of hearing this repeated.  We are 13th in the country in major market areas in Nielson rating.  In the country.

And no one outside of our region cares about us. In the country.