RedRamage

Seahawks at Lions - Pregame

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's kind of funny. Overall, I think this team is even better than the 2014 team that was 11-5. 

That season they were ranked #1 in total D for much of the year. Suh had a great season, his last with the Lions. It's hyperbole to think they are better now. After 1-3, the season was over. Now 3-3, they may win the division. The rest of the year will have peaks and valleys. I thought 7-9 at the beginning but 9-7 is a possibility.

9 hours ago, jb84 said:

That season they were ranked #1 in total D for much of the year. Suh had a great season, his last with the Lions. It's hyperbole to think they are better now. After 1-3, the season was over. Now 3-3, they may win the division. The rest of the year will have peaks and valleys. I thought 7-9 at the beginning but 9-7 is a possibility.

The defense was better in 2014. This team is more complete. The defense on this team is better than what we saw at the beginning. Stafford is better than what he was in 2014. The run game and OL is better than what it was in 2014. As a whole, I feel this team is better than the 2014 even if they don't win as many games.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

The defense was better in 2014. This team is more complete. The defense on this team is better than what we saw at the beginning. Stafford is better than what he was in 2014. The run game and OL is better than what it was in 2014. As a whole, I feel this team is better than the 2014 even if they don't win as many games.

yeah - obviously we don't for sure yet if the team that played the Jets or the team that played the  Dolphins is going to show up more the rest of the way, but in general I'd rather have the team that gives up a few more yards but can make a 3rd and one on the ground and and keep their D off the field a reasonable amount. Even a great D is going to give up 4th Q points if you can't protect them from having to defend too many plays.

the defense is 2014 was better than this one.

the offense now is more diverse and is able to run the ball, but the 2014 offense had calvin in his prime.