RedRamage

Seahawks at Lions - Pregame

1 hour ago, jb84 said:

No. Are you a Seattle fan?

No. Why does the dolphins loss concern you?

2 hours ago, jb84 said:

Fins looked like total crap last night. A bit concerned now.

What does this have to do with the Lions?

23 minutes ago, NYLion said:

What does this have to do with the Lions?

I'll take a stab. I'm guessing since Houston dominated them as well, the win doesn't look as good now. 

That can’t be it. Houston is 5-3. The Lions punted once in the entire game against the dolphins. 

I have to admit I was surprised when I saw the Dolphins record even before playing the Lions.     I thought they were like a 2 win team, I was shocked to find out they had 4 wins.  

the dolphins are probably going to finish with 6 wins or so.  theyre not very good.

otoh, the pats are probably going to finish with 12 wins.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

No. Why does the dolphins loss concern you?

Because after looking at how week the Fins D looked last night, it may be that the Lions have not turned the corner as I had hoped.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'll take a stab. I'm guessing since Houston dominated them as well, the win doesn't look as good now. 

Thanks, bro. Bingo!

16 minutes ago, jb84 said:

Because after looking at how week the Fins D looked last night, it may be that the Lions have not turned the corner as I had hoped.

Compared to.... Last season?

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

So should we expect a Super Bowl now because New England beat every opponent after the Lions trounced them holding Brady to under 200 yards?  Hyperbole obviously but you know what I mean.

I don't see why there should be some "concern" because they beat a team that they should beat, a team that proceeded to lose against a good team on the road the next week.  I never thought the Dolphins were any good even when they were 4-2 so for me, them losing to Houston doesn't diminish the win.

1 hour ago, jb84 said:

The Lions are 3-1 since the 0-2 start, beating two of the best QBs in the game pretty handily and with the 1 loss being a last second FG against Dallas.  Their running game has been stout, their pass rush much improved and Stafford has been much more accurate since the slow start so I think it's safe to say that they've turned a corner, as of today.  Of course, a loss to Seattle would undo a lot of the good they've done in the last 4 weeks. It's close to a must win IMO.

This upcoming 6 game stretch will tell a lot about the team.  If they come out of it 7-5, they have a legit shot at the division.  Anything less and it'll be tough.

This is a must win. I feel Minnesota will win the division. Seattle isn't winning the NFC West. That means Seattle and Detroit will be in the mix for a wild card spot. Holding a tiebreaker over Seattle will be huge.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This is a must win. I feel Minnesota will win the division. Seattle isn't winning the NFC West. That means Seattle and Detroit will be in the mix for a wild card spot. Holding a tiebreaker over Seattle will be huge.

Yep and especially considering the loss to fellow bubble team Dallas, they need to win this tiebreaker.  3-4 going into this murderers' row stretch with 2 tiebreakers lost against playoff bubble teams could be a death blow to the season. 

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Yep and especially considering the loss to fellow bubble team Dallas, they need to win this tiebreaker.  3-4 going into this murderers' row stretch with 2 tiebreakers lost against playoff bubble teams could be a death blow to the season. 

I can see 10-6 and making the playoffs. Need a win against Seattle. Two against Chicago. I know Chicago is better but I do not feel they are better than the Lions. Split against Minnesota. Two gimmes with Buffalo and Arizona, and a toss up win against Carolina. Sure losses against the Rams and Packers. They will then own tiebreakers with Carolina and Seattle who figure to be in the mix.

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I can see 10-6 and making the playoffs. Need a win against Seattle. Two against Chicago. I know Chicago is better but I do not feel they are better than the Lions. Split against Minnesota. Two gimmes with Buffalo and Arizona, and a toss up win against Carolina. Sure losses against the Rams and Packers. They will then own tiebreakers with Carolina and Seattle who figure to be in the mix.

I wouldn't say "sure" loss against the Rams. The Lions should be good enough to beat anybody at home if they play their A game.  If the Packers have anything on the line, that's pretty much a guaranteed L.  Can't see them winning 3 straight years in Minnesota either although every year is different obviously then they have another one against them. Sweeping the Bears won't be easy, the Panthers are just a small step below elite.  If they get into the playoffs, it would have been earned for sure.

No matter how this season turns out, I'm excited for the future for the first time since..... Lots of potential with this roster going forward and cap space to work with going into next season to make further improvements.

5 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I wouldn't say "sure" loss against the Rams. The Lions should be good enough to beat anybody at home if they play their A game.  If the Packers have anything on the line, that's pretty much a guaranteed L.  Can't see them winning 3 straight years in Minnesota either although every year is different obviously then they have another one against them. Sweeping the Bears won't be easy, the Panthers are just a small step below elite.  If they get into the playoffs, it would have been earned for sure.

That's why I have a split at Minnesota. I do feel like this Lions team can hang with anybody. I don't fee the Packers have very much team talent. I feel they are beatable. It really would have been nice to pick up at least one win against SF or the Jets. If the Lions want to be a good team, they will have to beat good teams.

I'm not sure if this video has made it to this board yet, but I found it an enjoyable watch even with the length of the video.  It does a good job of breaking down blocking and gaps for a few plays and shows some excitement around Kerryon and the gameplan moving forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

So should we expect a Super Bowl now because New England beat every opponent after the Lions trounced them holding Brady to under 200 yards?  Hyperbole obviously but you know what I mean.

I don't see why there should be some "concern" because they beat a team that they should beat, a team that proceeded to lose against a good team on the road the next week.  I never thought the Dolphins were any good even when they were 4-2 so for me, them losing to Houston doesn't diminish the win.

There is no transitive property in the NFL.  It really is "any given Sunday."  Or else the Bills would be the best team in the NFC North for throttling the ViQueens.

I feel really good about the Lions, which portends doom.  I fully expect them to lose to the Seahawks now that I think they're actually a good team.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Mack is hurt.  Chicago is a much different team with a healthy Khalil Mack.

I think 10-6 takes the division.

To clarify I think if the Lions finish 10-6 they will take it. Minny and GB have the ties so there obviously not finishing that.  

10 hours ago, jb84 said:

Fins looked like total crap last night. A bit concerned now.

osweiler-brock-10222018-getty-ftr_1gl9g0+

800px-JJWatt.jpg

=

940x940.jpg

Total D stats, Seahawks 6th, Fins 27th. Think the challenge may be a bit greater vs Hawks??

i think ansah is actually ziggy ansah's middle name.  his government name is "ezekiel ansah questionable".

football outsiders has the lions as the 30th ranked team in the nfl.  bupkiss to that.