Mikeshoe21

Lions Acquire Snacks!

24 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm hoping New York didn't realize they are getting ripped off and back out.

“Uh, we checked twitter and everybody said we were getting robbed, so...”

The Top DLs McCoy, Suh, Cox, Donald, Atkins are all making north of 14 mil.    Snacks isn't as dynamic as they are, but he's better at purely stopping the run and the Lions will be paying him half - 65% as much.   All they gave up was a 5th?  Anyone out of sorts over losing a 5th for Snacks is nuts, even if they only had one 5th.    The Lions really aren't in the mode of stockpiling draft picks now.   Stafford's prime has got 2-3 years (maybe 4 now that they have a running game to balance things),  they have to build either for now or the near now.   Snacks will make everyone better on the defense.   Next year, the draft is LOADED with D-Lineman - you get a DE and then in the 2nd round get a good LB or CB and wow,  this team might be a serious contender.      **** Eric Ebron.  Colts are 2-5.  Thanks for the extra money, Eric.    And after this year that 270lbs anchor named Ziggy won't be around.  Frees up some space to maybe keep Tate around 2 more years.   

Absolutely Brilliant Move today. 

Would they have been able to acquire Snacks if they kept Ebron? They probably don't sign Willson but they still may not have had space for Snacks. 

Surprised Eli Apple gota bigger return then Snacks. The Saints moves haven't made sense to me. They trade two firsts for Davenport. Trade a 3rd for Bridgewater who hasn't played in like two years and will be a free agent. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Surprised Eli Apple gota bigger return then Snacks. The Saints moves haven't made sense to me. They trade two firsts for Davenport. Trade a 3rd for Bridgewater who hasn't played in like two years and will be a free agent. 

Apple's talented but he's also a child.  

Are they supposed to let Tate walk? They'll have enough cap space to bring him back if they wanted too.

PFF DET Lions Retweeted Pro Football Focus

With the acquisition of Damon "Snacks" Harrison this morning, the Lions now have 2 interior defensive linemen who rank in the Top 10 in PFF Run-Defense Grade this season. #4 overall - Damon Harrison - 91.5 #9 overall - A'Shawn Robinson - 87.0

PFF DET Lions added,

DqRdEodWoAEAXxN.jpg
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm not that surprised.  He's a lot younger, high draft pedigree, cheaper and corner is a more coveted position in todays' NFL than run stuffing DT.  Harrison is, by far, the better player though which goes without saying.

Since Detroit has two 5th rounders, maybe it's the higher of the two picks? I think it would be safe to assume the SF pick would be the higher pick.

5 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Since Detroit has two 5th rounders, maybe it's the higher of the two picks? I think it would be safe to assume the SF pick would be the higher pick.

Straight up Thomlinson for Snacks works for me.

13 hours ago, Scottwood said:

Are they supposed to let Tate walk? They'll have enough cap space to bring him back if they wanted too.

They should probably pay him. They don't need a lot. Probably an edge, a LB, a CB, WR and TE. They have 8 draft picks and 50 mil in cap space or so. Leaves you 40 or so mil after Tate 

18 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Straight up Thomlinson for Snacks works for me.

and Ebron's salary slot lol

On 10/27/2018 at 10:22 PM, Nastradamus said:

They should probably pay him. They don't need a lot. Probably an edge, a LB, a CB, WR and TE. They have 8 draft picks and 50 mil in cap space or so. Leaves you 40 or so mil after Tate 

I wouldn't be so quick to sign Tate.

tate is getting old and will be expensive.  the lions are going to have a lot of holes to fill other than slot receiver.

• Like 1

I'd be asking for a third, since that would give the team the idea that they weren't all in for this year, for dramatic effect.

I would be shocked if they got a third for Tate.  But the Steelers got the Raiders to take Bryant for a 3rd so you never know.

Get Jon Gruden on the phone, perhaps they can get a first?

26 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I would be shocked if they got a third for Tate.  But the Steelers got the Raiders to take Bryant for a 3rd so you never know.

Get Jon Gruden on the phone, perhaps they can get a first?

Maybe Jon would trade little brother Jay. 😉

The Redskins wouldn’t like it, but Chucky 2.0 may just be bad enough of a coach to blow up two franchises.