Mikeshoe21

Lions Acquire Snacks!

That's a great move.  A FREAKING GREAT MOVE!   He's better than Ngata and He's a Top 3 run-stopping DT.   This helps the LBs too. 

See ya later, A'Shawn.  

Is there some catch here? That seems like a massive steal to get Snacks for a 5th.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Is there some catch here? That seems like a massive steal to get Snacks for a 5th.

It does seem like the Giants are calling it quits for the season... but yeah, even then it still seems like a steal.

4 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

It does seem like the Giants are calling it quits for the season... but yeah, even then it still seems like a steal.

Well yeah, they're 1-6.  I would say it's time to stock up on draft picks. 

Gotta tell you.  With no timeouts and the clock running down - the coaching calling for two straight QB sneaks with freaking Eli Manning..........I think, and I am not kidding,  Pat Shurmur should have been fired Tuesday.     He's got Barkley, the #2 pick from the draft.   

Excellent! Maybe they can pry loose Patrick Peterson too. 

1 minute ago, Jason_R said:

Excellent! Maybe they can pry loose Patrick Peterson too. 

Might as well. They have another 5th rounder to trade.

40 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Giants are a mess. Eli has to hang them up - he can't throw with any consistency anymore and it's killing them.

Giants may regret passing on numerous QB's with their 2nd overall pick. Barkley is a stud, but as Barry Sanders proved, you don't win Super Bowls with a RB and no QB.

Who cares about the Giants? We got the best run-stuffing DT in the NFL, for almost nothing. The run defense had already improved last week, outside of the one 50+ yard mistake they made; if Harrison can help eliminate those big runs, this defense will be able to frustrate a lot of teams. 

You would also think a good DT can help edge rushers. Ansah was at his best when Suh was here. The Lions run defense was solid when Ngata was healthy last year. Snacks is probably somewhere between Ngata and Suh.

Incredible trade! Exactly what the Lions needed on defense. I'm pumped about this! Our defense just took a big leap forward.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Eli actually is largely the same QB he has been for a while.  They just should have moved off of him quite a while ago.

yeah - that's pretty true. I when a QB has a fall off at 35 you hope he can come back with a couple of better seasons before he is donw, when he is working on 3 consecutive seasons of not showing much - not so much.

Holy crap.  They only gave up a 5th?  This dude is still a beast, My co-worker who is a Giants fan is pissed.

They desperately needed a run stuffer like this.  Thank you Quinn, you beautiful *******.

This essentially works as a free agent signing for next year as well. Let Ansah walk and draft a DE in a deep class and suddenly they don't have as many holes to fill.

31 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Giants may regret passing on numerous QB's with their 2nd overall pick. Barkley is a stud, but as Barry Sanders proved, you don't win Super Bowls with a RB and no QB.

Barkley is a generational RB, they couldn't pass him up.  They'll get their QB in this draft.

10 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Barkley is a generational RB, they couldn't pass him up.  They'll get their QB in this draft.

I felt Cleveland should have drafted him 1 overall and draft whatever QB fell to 4th.

what a great deal for the lions.

and this doesnt displace a'shawn.  a'shawn has been pretty good the last few weeks.  it gives the lions a deeper rotation at dt.

now if ansah could please get healthy and play they might actually have a decent run defense.

Great get!!! Feeling good about this team.  Much better than 3 weeks ago!

28 minutes ago, Buddha said:

what a great deal for the lions.

and this doesnt displace a'shawn.  a'shawn has been pretty good the last few weeks.  it gives the lions a deeper rotation at dt.

now if ansah could please get healthy and play they might actually have a decent run defense.

Does anybody really believe that this would displace A'Shawn?  What this does is give them the option to play the two together like the Vikings did with the Williams duo several years back or rotate them in and out and keep them fresh.

This team has drawn me back in.  I was feeling a bit apathetic earlier in the season and criticized Quinn for not doing much but he is coming up roses with the Ragnow/Kerryon draft and the Kennard, Okwara and Harrison pick ups.  They're going to need all the weapons they can get with this tough schedule coming up.

Quinn's draft record doesn't look so bad now. Three drafts and got what looks to be two future stars in Johnson and Golladay, three starting OL, and all pro kick returner in the 5th prior to injury, and three players who still may be contributors or starters in Davis, Robinson and Tabor. They may have also remembered Michael Roberts still plays for them.