ROMAD1

Directions and Objectives For A Future Mainstream Party

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

I'm still voting a straight D ticket until Trump is out. 

Yep.

That's the ticket.

The Trumpublican party needs to reform itself. Who knows what the Post-Punk, err, Post-Trump party of conservatives will look like... but if I'm to remain an independent, listening to voices of reason from both the left and the right in order to make the best decisions with the best ideas then... those from the right need to find their true voices again.

This isn't it.

We won't have room for collaborators

Unless those collaborators make a full confession

37 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Effing sucking is what happens when the C+ students run the show.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Effing sucking is what happens when the C+ students run the show.

and the A students have fled

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

The whining from some conservatives about how folks like Haley (as well as the Rubios of the world) will be asked about how they comported themselves during this time once Trump is gone is hilarious to me.

Explaining his actions away isn't an obligation, it's a *choice* that they are choosing to make... and it's the cynical choice that one makes when they are far more concerned about positioning themselves for higher office than they are about doing what is right. People 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The whining from some conservatives about how folks like Haley (as well as the Rubios of the world) will be asked about how they comported themselves during this time once Trump is gone is hilarious to me.

Explaining his actions away isn't an obligation, it's a *choice* that they are choosing to make... and it's the cynical choice that one makes when they are far more concerned about positioning themselves for higher office than they are about doing what is right. People 

I am more concerned about when Trumpism is gone more than about when Trump is gone. Nikki Haley and her ilk can still win under Trumpism.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

I am more concerned about when Trumpism is gone more than about when Trump is gone. Nikki Haley and her ilk can still win under Trumpism.

OK

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

OK

Because if Trumpism survives Trump as a zeitgeist phenomenon, the shame Nikki Haley will generate supporting Trump will still be partisan and not universal. Supporting Trump after Trump because Trumpism survives would still be a winning move for her. If Trumpism dies with Trump, it would be a losing move all around.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Because if Trumpism survives Trump as a zeitgeist phenomenon, the shame Nikki Haley will generate supporting Trump will still be partisan and not universal. Supporting Trump after Trump because Trumpism survives would still be a winning move for her. If Trumpism dies with Trump, it would be a losing move all around.

Understood, I don't think you're stating anything we don't already know.

I'm just commenting more on the whining about how, inevitably, people like Haley are going to face questions about their support for Trump during this time. Not just from journalists or center-left folks, but also the ROMADs of the world.

It's a *choice* that these folks make, and they should be made to live with the consequences of whatever scrutiny they face because of the choice that they made.

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Understood, I don't think you're stating anything we don't already know.

I'm just commenting more on the whining about how, inevitably, people like Haley are going to face questions about their support for Trump during this time. Not just from journalists or center-left folks, but also the ROMADs of the world.

It's a *choice* that these folks make, and they should be made to live with the consequences of whatever scrutiny they face because of the choice that they made.

I too don't think you're stating anything we don't already know. We all do that a lot here. We're all sharing thoughts here, not all of them never thought before.

Here's another previously-thought thought: In a world where Trumpism survives Trump, Nikki's answer would be a lot different than it would be if Trumpism dies with Trump. So let's root for the latter as a team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

fun

The way she shakes her head no while she says that

The turn of Elise Stefanik into a Trump shill is the biggest evidence to-date that the GOP will be Trumpy long after he leaves 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mtutiger said:

The turn of Elise Stefanik into a Trump shill is the biggest evidence to-date that the GOP will be Trumpy long after he leaves 

I don't think so.

Being Trumpy, after he exits - willingly or unwillingly - will be a losing proposition. He might agitate, let's say, from his Trumpy throne in a Trump-TV setting... But in order to regain the Senate, the White House, the House, the lost Governorships and State Senates and Houses... the GOP will need to find another formula. 

And they know it.

I think Elise Stefanik, and Graham, and others of their ilk, will do an about-face so swift it'll make their heads spin.

It'll be fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

New GOP star Elise Stefanik hanging with... *checks notes* Laura Loomer

Definitely not a good look for Stefanik if her goal is to become the face of a fact-based, non-Trumpian GOP movement within the impeachment hearings.

Watching the UK election should show the US party that stigmatizes minorities how bad that is for your electoral success

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

Watching the UK election should show the US party that stigmatizes minorities how bad that is for your electoral success

Early report is a romp for the Tories.

The UK Election should also be a cautionary tale for going base-only as well.

Even unpopular candidates can win when the alternative is not palatable to those in the middle.