ROMAD1

Directions and Objectives For A Future Mainstream Party

2 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

China certainly doesn't do democracy.  Plenty of people across the spectrum had the religious fixation on the idea that only democracy could produce vibrant economies.   Total nonsense. 

The more paradigm shattering (and so worrisome) converse to the above.

4 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

China certainly doesn't do free  trade.  Plenty of people across the spectrum had the religious fixation on the idea that free trade causes free societies.   Total nonsense. 

Was being facetious...

PS: While they certainly do not do Democracy/ free society.... They ARE fighting for free trade. It benefits their country/ economy/ citizens/ political structure. Even if they are a little underhanded in the way they go about it.

So I guess I wasn't being 100% facetious...

On 4/29/2019 at 10:54 AM, 84 Lives!!! said:

PS: While they certainly do not do Democracy/ free society.... They ARE fighting for free trade. It benefits their country/ economy/ citizens/ political structure. Even if they are a little underhanded in the way they go about it.

So I guess I wasn't being 100% facetious...

They certainly want free access to our market.  

Not enough.   With a rough impeachment, perhaps some of these people who are not on the side of wisdom will awaken.   But, the tribal fears and racism are keeping the cult intact. 

12 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Required for a new party

"Required for a new party". Yes.

For the 2020 D candidates also.

On 8/4/2019 at 10:31 PM, ROMAD1 said:

This guy is throwing bombs

NE GOP kicked him out

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

NE GOP kicked him out

Update: Nebraska Republicans respond to McCollister's statements

Today, Nebraska Republican Party Exclusive Director Ryan Hamilton called on Nebraska Senator John McCollister to tell the truth about his partisan views and re-register as a Democrat.

“John McCollister has been telegraphing for years that he has little if nothing in common with the Republican voters in his district by consistently advocating for higher taxes, restrictions on American’s Second Amendment rights, and pro-abortion lobby,” Hamilton said. “His latest false statement about Republicans should come as no surprise to anyone who is paying attention, and we’re happy he has finally shed all pretense of being a conservative.”

“I am happy to send a change of voter registration form along to his office so he can make the switch officially and start, for once, telling the truth to voters in his district.”

NE GOP = Trump Party.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Orange County is like the California of counties.

The Californians sketches became funnier to me once I realized the backstory.

When that group would reconvene each fall they would talk about their time in CA and they realized how much of it was spent describing how they got to places because of the traffic.  And they picked up a different accent.  So they would do that to each other then eventually wrote sketches from it.

That era from 2007-2013 ish might have been the best one, other than the originals which always has to be listed #1 I guess.  But the Armison, Wiig, Hader, Sudekis, etc. group stands below no other era.

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

Good work by the enablers of Trump

Tangentially related, but fascinating discussion amongst the elections pundit class (ie. Kraushaar, Trende, Brownstein, etc.) about why Texas appears to be on the precipice of being in play. 

(Hint: It's the suburban vote, stupid. Just like everywhere else.)

8 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

As more and more people go to college, it stands to reason there will be fewer and fewer people whose highest degree is a high school diploma.

That's part of the reason why I got a masters degree.