ROMAD1

Directions and Objectives For A Future Mainstream Party

11 minutes ago, Melody said:

I read somewhere yesterday where Harry Reid expressed that he missed George W.  Wow.

Same.  I hated a lot of 43s positions and policies toward the end of his presidency, but he was loyal to his country, didn't seek to demonize those who didn't fully support him, and conducted himself with respect and dignity.  

I hated a lot of 43s positions and policies toward the end of his presidency, but he was loyal to his country, didn't seek to demonize those who didn't fully support him, and conducted himself with respect and dignity.  conducted himself with respect and dignity.  

Trump is less dignified than anyone I've ever met in my life. 

Just now, 313DetroitCity said:

besides the groping

Comparative to the current administration, 43 was a saint, flaws and all.

2 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I was referring to HW Bush, and edited my post when I saw you were referencing W. 

1 hour ago, Melody said:

I read somewhere yesterday where Harry Reid expressed that he missed George W.  Wow.

Even the Dems want normal Republicans back...

Where did they all go...?

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

got to rid the GOP or the follow-on to the GOP of this sort

Would Jones win again in a head-to-head matchup? I'd like to think yes, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Euphdude said:

I think until dump has an equivalent of the Iraq War, W is still worse, and I really don't like dump.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

I think until dump has an equivalent of the Iraq War, W is still worse, and I really don't like dump.

Ya, slipping Michelle Obama a hard candy doesn't magically erase the death and destruction W caused. And it shouldn't be ignored just because Trump is more publicly crass and belligerent. 

28 minutes ago, pfife said:

No question 43 was far worse from a neo-con / let's-go-to-war-with-everyone perspective.

8 hours ago, Euphdude said:

Same.  I hated a lot of 43s positions and policies toward the end of his presidency, but he was loyal to his country, didn't seek to demonize those who didn't fully support him, and conducted himself with respect and dignity.  

Respect and dignity. Something that has been missing in D.C since....Obama got elected? It's really sad what our country has become. Instead of compromise and building bridges, we're fighting amongst ourselves and building walls. But the haters are NOT going to win. The voters will be sending that message loud and clear in 2020.

CPAOC used to be an event where intellectual discussions and new ideas were discussed. Now it’s about the nutsos all trying to out-stupid each other. 

40 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

because free trade needs a home somewhere

LOL -well I suppose, but if the Chamber can look at the hot mess that Trump and the Congressional GOP has turned the nation's governance into and put free trade at the top of any list  of reasons not to 'single source' their politics they need a lot more optometrists in their ranks..

43 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

LOL -well I suppose, but if the Chamber can look at the hot mess that Trump and the Congressional GOP has turned the nation's governance into and put free trade at the top of any list  of reasons not to 'single source' their politics they need a lot more optometrists in their ranks..

Free trade, the rule of law and collective security.  Roosevelt and Churchill's The Four Freedoms.  I'll take that over autocracy and kleptocracy. 

2 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

because free trade needs a home somewhere

China, right?

Did I get the correct answer to that question?

What do I win?

6 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

China, right?

Did I get the correct answer to that question?

What do I win?

China certainly doesn't do free  trade.  Plenty of people across the spectrum had the religious fixation on the idea that free trade causes free societies.   Total nonsense.