ROMAD1

Directions and Objectives For A Future Mainstream Party

Some sort of thing will emerge from the flames of the dumpster that the GOP has become.  Perhaps its best if the party is unmade so the shame can be buried.  

Just saw the CPAC lineup for this year.... the Mos Eisley Cantina looks downright respectable in comparison.

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Just saw the CPAC lineup for this year.... the Mos Eisley Cantina looks downright respectable in comparison.

Friday's sessions look to offer the juiciest bits of MAGA-isms.

There' s a session called "Deficit Hawks: An Endangered Species? Tackle the Debt Before it Tackles You" that's sure to be entertaining in a hypocritical way, given the MAGA movement couldn't care less about the national debt.

I think the Democratic Party is pretty mainstream.  I think Republicans are brilliant at using wedge issues that don't really affect peoples' day to day lives much to get them to align against things that absolutely affect them.  They use the Bible as a sledgehammer to beat people into submission.     Look at things that people have to deal with every day and it astounds me that large groups of people would go against what the Democrats are trying to stand for and fight for.    People vote against their own issues because two gay guys or gay girls they don't even know want to get married, or Mexican people who have virtually no influence on their lives want to come here.    They use that Pick N Choose Bible very well, and they use racism very well too (used to be dog whistle, now it's bullorn).    But the Democratic Party tends to stand for things that everyday Americans seem to want, like 40 hour work weeks,  family leave time, a livable wage, access to health care and access to affordable post high school education.   The Democrats lost a lot of those things in recent years by not standing up and being bold in defense of those issues.  That's changing now and look at that - when you stand up for something it works.   

The GOP has been brilliant at gathering the single-issue voters within their ranks, and they have done a masterful job creating and expanding upon its nationwide propaganda outlets to organize, coordinate, and motivate those voters.  Dems have nothing that remotely compares.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But the Democratic Party tends to stand for things that everyday Americans seem to want, like 40 hour work weeks,  family leave time, a livable wage, access to health care and access to affordable post high school education.   The Democrats lost a lot of those things in recent years by not standing up and being bold in defense of those issues.  That's changing now and look at that - when you stand up for something it works.   

The Dems have to learn not to fold every time some suit cries "But that stuff is expensive" and calmly respond "So what? Americans are worth it!"

8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The Dems have to learn not to fold every time some suit cries "But that stuff is expensive" and calmly respond "So what? Americans are worth it!"

National Health Care would be expensive.      BUT IT ALREADY IS EXPENSIVE AND DOESN'T COVER ENOUGH.................They never say that.  

15 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What's going on in Venezuela is a test run for January 2021.   He's going to lose and then refuse to go.   

I don't think so.   I think he's gotten bored, but is too vain to resign.     

5 minutes ago, Melody said:

I don't think so.   I think he's gotten bored, but is too vain to resign.     

and he'll cloak it in a "I don't really believe the results... it's fake, but for the good of the country I'll go", as if he's doing us a favor and a being a good guy.

Then, if he's not in jail, he'll still tweet about fake results and allegations of fraud.

26 minutes ago, Oblong said:

and he'll cloak it in a "I don't really believe the results... it's fake, but for the good of the country I'll go", as if he's doing us a favor and a being a good guy.

Then, if he's not in jail, he'll still tweet about fake results and allegations of fraud.

He's a rich white man, he won't be in jail.  

29 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Highly likely.  

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Not a chance. He comports himself as the type of guy that thinks *we* should feel privileged to have him as President... I doubt you're going to get a "for the good of the country..." comment out of him.

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

He would leave while complaining about fraud, deep state, blah blah blah.  Constant victimhood is the primary tenet of Trumpism after all.

44 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

He would leave while complaining about fraud, deep state, blah blah blah.  Constant victimhood is the primary tenet of Trumpism after all.

Yep. He'll go just like all the others have gone, but he'll do so in about as noisy and undignified a way as possible.

If that's the future of the GOP then they may never win a popular presidential vote again....

this in reference to Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes launching another publication after they leave the wholly infected National Review.

Recall the right keeps talking about Flight 93 Elections to rally all to their flag.

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Did God not choose Obama?

I'd have taken McCain and Romney first but I'd take Obama over Hillary and Trump all day.

20 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

this in reference to Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes launching another publication after they leave the wholly infected National Review.

Recall the right keeps talking about Flight 93 Elections to rally all to their flag.

If someone starts treating one election like Flight 93, every subsequent election will be Flight 93. There's no going back from that.

14 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

I'd have taken McCain and Romney first but I'd take Obama over Hillary and Trump all day.

I read somewhere yesterday where Harry Reid expressed that he missed George W.  Wow.