IdahoBert

2018 WS Dream Match-up: Dodgers vs. Red Sox

I probably won't watch. I've started my winter reading program and just don't have enough interest in these 2 teams. I lost all interest when the brewers went down. Waiting for Hot Stove to start on MLB TV.

Waiting for delivery of James Hirsch’s book on Willie Mays to arrive. Yes, the reading season is upon us!

27 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Waiting for delivery of James Hirsch’s book on Willie Mays to arrive. Yes, the reading season is upon us!

The stagecoach carrying your book left Fort Duquesne this morning.

I don't really care who wins so I always root for the visiting team as I like the sad faces in the crowd shots.

15 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I don't really care who wins so I always root for the visiting team as I like the sad faces in the crowd shots.

Especially in Fenway.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I never watch the World Series unless my own team is in it.  But I look forward to seeing the Dodgers beat the Red Sox, although that’s probably fruitless.  

Feel free to do anything you want on this thread. If somebody wants to add a game thread for a specific game that’s cool. If no one frequents this thread again that is cool too. 

Whining is allowed.  Expressing irrational notions of how our team has been treated unfairly by fate or the national media is allowed. 

Air your grievances. 

And if you want to root for the Red Sox that’s OK too. 

Everything is good. 

Don't tell me what to do!

I do not care which team wins, but I will watch..at least most of the games....I am knee deep in The Haunting of Hill House right now and it is tearing me up...I may need a break from that show for a few days...a nice distraction the WS will be.

12 hours ago, Casimir said:

"For Whom The Bell Tolls"

Make his fight on the hill in the early day
Constant chill deep inside
Shouting gun, on they run through the endless grey
On they fight, for they're right, yes, but who's to say?
For a hill, men would kill, why? They do not know
Stiffened wounds test their pride
Men of five, still alive through the raging glow
Gone insane from the pain that they surely know

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

Take a look to the sky just before you die
It's the last time you will
Blackened roar, massive roar, fills the crumbling sky
Shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry
Stranger now, are his eyes, to this mystery
He hears the silence so loud
Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be
Now they see what will be, blinded eyes to see

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

'tis controversial but I say that this is a top three song from those guys

I like And Justice For All a little more than Ride the Lighting, but not that much more.  Are they still making decent music...I kinda lost touch after the Black Album...I tried load and reload, but they blew IMO and I never really kept track after that.

11 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

'tis controversial but I say that this is a top three song from those guys

Great song that suffers from overplay. Still a crowd pleaser live.

Metallica is like Aerosmith.  I completely ignore anything after a certain point as their later stuff is so bad.... for Metallica it's after And Justice For All and for Aerosmith it's Permanent Vacation.

21 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Metallica is like Aerosmith.  I completely ignore anything after a certain point as their later stuff is so bad.... for Metallica it's after And Justice For All and for Aerosmith it's Permanent Vacation.

Death Magnetic is really really good. Seek out the fan remix because the original was mixed really "loud" but someone with a good ear remastered it and did a phenomenal job.

Kershaw and Sale tonight.  There might be a chance for both starters to get into the 6th?

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Kershaw and Sale tonight.  There might be a chance for both starters to get into the 6th?

Old school!

17 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Death Magnetic is really really good. Seek out the fan remix because the original was mixed really "loud" but someone with a good ear remastered it and did a phenomenal job.

I liked 'The Day that Never Comes' off that album, and they've had a few gems since 'Master,' like 'Unforgiven,' but mostly Oblong is right.  Aerosmith hasn't made a good song since probably I was in first grade.  I really don't like the 80s or 90s stuff.

Two comments:

1. I'd like to see the Dodgers win for their long-suffering fans baking in the Southern California sunshine.

2. Doesn't the woman milking the cow look unkempt by not having short hair and doesn't she look naked without tattoos of doodles from her middle school yearbook, inspirational sayings and Chinese characters.

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Especially in Fenway.  

Sad fans at Fenway are a unique look because of their invariably white middle/upper-middle class faces that are always partially covered by their hands in a prayer-like steeple position.

Yeah, in my experience puritanical disappointment / angst is the best disappointment (unless I have a personal stake in someone else's disappointment).

Yankee tears are the most delicious, tho.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Old school!

A lot of the old school will miss it, though, because the game will start late.

5 hours ago, Casimir said:

I saw something that sale had not pitched 6+ innings since July 27. That can’t be right. Or maybe it can. I could look it up. But will I?

(I might)

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

crap... I looked up Kershaw.

I just looked it up. He pitched exactly 6 innings on July 27. He last pitched into the 7th on July 11.