Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

Angels hire Ausmus

How angry will we be when they make him look like a good manager one of these years?

I was really proud of my nephew today when he said that managers don't matter.  It's not something I was expecting him to say.  

• Like 2

Don’t the angels have a forward thinking GM?  Or at least one that came from a good org?  I guess it’s possible he learned some things working in their front office. 

3 hours ago, Oblong said:

Don’t the angels have a forward thinking GM?  Or at least one that came from a good org?  I guess it’s possible he learned some things working in their front office. 

He was in the front office in SD before he joined us. 

Doubt the year in the Angels front office changed him all that much. 

The people going for the job had to fill out a long questionnaire.    Ausmus is the one who wrote it.   

Reminds me of a Timothy Leary story.   Leary had been arrested for drug possession and filled out a psychological survey to see what level of security was right for his sentence.   He got the lowest level of work detail (gardening) and then used a step ladder to climb a fence and escape.   He was the one who wrote the survey a decade earlier and knew how to play it.  

• Like 3

On 10/21/2018 at 4:39 PM, Walewander said:

How angry will we be when they make him look like a good manager one of these years?

It'll be interesting to see if he can win division in his first year, as he did with the Tigers.:D