RedRamage

Lions at Dolphins pre-game discussion

To me this is an important game in terms of defining who the Lions are.  The Dolphins are a 4-2 team right now who just beat the leading team in our division.  The Lions have had a week off to prepare and to get healthy.  IF the Lions can go into Miami and beat the Dolphins. it will go a long way into my feeling that this just might be a legitimate team.  A win, on the road, against a (seemingly) quality opponent would make me feel like the Lions could be a playoff contender.

Miami doesn't have a great offense, so that should help with out less than defense.  Unfortunately Miami appears to be better at running the ball than throwing, which isn't our defense's strength.  It will be interesting to see how Patricia coaches this game.  Obviously so far this year the Lions have played to lock down receivers... focusing on the backfield.  Will we need to shake things up against Miami so we don't get run on all day long?

On the other side of the fall, Miami doesn't seem to have statistically a great defense either.  Wait... how are they 4-2 then?  Interesting... but anyway... Again they are a little better on defense against the run, but still giving up 118+ yards per game on average.

This feels like a game that the Lions SHOULD be able to win, and would make a nice statement.  So of course... I expect them to lose.

5 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

To me this is an important game in terms of defining who the Lions are.  The Dolphins are a 4-2 team right now who just beat the leading team in our division.  The Lions have had a week off to prepare and to get healthy.  IF the Lions can go into Miami and beat the Dolphins. it will go a long way into my feeling that this just might be a legitimate team.  A win, on the road, against a (seemingly) quality opponent would make me feel like the Lions could be a playoff contender.

Miami doesn't have a great offense, so that should help with out less than defense.  Unfortunately Miami appears to be better at running the ball than throwing, which isn't our defense's strength.  It will be interesting to see how Patricia coaches this game.  Obviously so far this year the Lions have played to lock down receivers... focusing on the backfield.  Will we need to shake things up against Miami so we don't get run on all day long?

On the other side of the fall, Miami doesn't seem to have statistically a great defense either.  Wait... how are they 4-2 then?  Interesting... but anyway... Again they are a little better on defense against the run, but still giving up 118+ yards per game on average.

This feels like a game that the Lions SHOULD be able to win, and would make a nice statement.  So of course... I expect them to lose.

Hey stop stealing my schtick!  :D

Logically I think they should lose this game pretty handily...so they will win or at the very least make it SUPER close...like we get boned by one call in the end that could have won the game for us.  The way they win will not matter.  My Lions logic.

57 minutes ago, Shelton said:

They are better than you think. 

stat of the day: Lions are the #1 team in the league in what 'Football Outsiders' calls power rushing. They have the highest rushing success rate on 3 and 4th and short (<2) or goal in the league (100%!). The catch in their stat page is that they don't say how many attempts it represents - it could be one for one. Even given a small sample size though - this O-line has begun to show signs that it has the ability to move people. They should continue to get better with more time together and if Lang comes back all the more.

I saw that PFF ranked Hand number 1 among rookie interior dlineman, Johnson number 2 among rookie rbs and Ragnow in top 5 among interior olineman.  

It's obviously still early but its looking like this draft was a major success.

15 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw that PFF ranked Hand number 1 among rookie interior dlineman, Johnson number 2 among rookie rbs and Ragnow in top 5 among interior olineman.  

It's obviously still early but its looking like this draft was a major success.

I kind of forget about the hand pick until recently. I didn’t realize he was doing so well (although I admittedly don’t follow the lions all that closely early in the season). But I definitely started hearing his name in a positive light over the last couple weeks. 

It sure would be nice if this team was actually “good enough.”

At the very least, if these guys turn out to be good players, that makes for a nice core going forward along with Stanford and golladay. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Stafford is ok as well.

Yeah, but he doesn’t have nearly the same reputation academically. 

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

toss up game.

like 75% of nfl games.

As it the play will be so bad it makes you toss your cookies?

guys, guys...you aren't going to believe this but ziggy ansah is questionable for this game.

16 hours ago, Buddha said:

guys, guys...you aren't going to believe this but ziggy ansah is questionable for this game.

And... OUT.

Lang may play, Riddick out. Amazing what a waste pick Ansah has become. Dump him!

ansah is making $17 million and has played 19 snaps.

almost $1 million per play is pretty good money if you can get it.

Tagging him may have been smart. Now we know what he has, Let him walk.