six-hopper

Maybe they'll get hot in the playoffs

The Red Wings have surrendered a league-worst 30 goals in six games and are one of only two NHL teams without a win this season.  Yikes.

Make no mistake the Wings have been brutal. However, I think they will improve because it’s impossible to maintain this level of poor play. Hopefully, the younger guys will get their feet under them. Redwings are going to take their licks this season. But there is at least a light at end of tunnel. Hopefully, another high draft pick and Yzerman back in the fold next year. The minor league system actually has some real potential for the first time I can remember.

17 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

I see this isn't contained in the Tigers forum

Nobody puts Sixy in a corner.

they aren't going to the playoffs man.

isn't the potential #1 pick this year an alleged generational talent?

I haven't watched them a lot, but the one thing that seems wrong is that we supposedly have young players but almost nobody on this team beats anyone to a puck - i.e. they look slow. That seems wrong for a team supposedly getting younger. 

And then to top that they are talking about Zadina having to learn to adjust to playing against better competition because he's not very fast. WTF are they drafting? You can't play the game if you can't skate.....

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Yes

I am so used to watching the Wings be a puck control team...passes on the tape, seemed like the puck was glued to this sticks...the past 3-4 years has been horrid in that regard...losing pucks all over the place.

18 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I'm all for it then.... losing is winning.

I’m kind of angry with myself because his team was just in town to play Michigan this past weekend and I didn’t realize it. 

Although they are based out of Plymouth so it’s not like it’s that tough to go watch a game there either. My son has been asking to go to a game, so maybe I’ll take him to one of those. 

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I haven't watched them a lot, but the one thing that seems wrong is that we supposedly have young players but almost nobody on this team beats anyone to a puck - i.e. they look slow. That seems wrong for a team supposedly getting younger. 

And then to top that they are talking about Zadina having to learn to adjust to playing against better competition because he's not very fast. WTF are they drafting? You can't play the game if you can't skate.....

Don't worry about Zadina.  He's plenty crafty.   He's a superb talent, and will soon own the OHL.  His shot is that good.

Also, I think they have some fast players, and will look faster once they have replaced the remaining old talent on the team.  The young defensemen, especially Cholowski, skate very well.

23 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I’m kind of angry with myself because his team was just in town to play Michigan this past weekend and I didn’t realize it. 

Although they are based out of Plymouth so it’s not like it’s that tough to go watch a game there either. My son has been asking to go to a game, so maybe I’ll take him to one of those. 

Those are pretty good games to watch.

The women's national team has games there as well, and those are good games as well.

14 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

Don't worry about Zadina.  He's plenty crafty.   He's a superb talent, and will soon own the OHL.  His shot is that good.

Well, I just hope that is not like saying don't worry about a young hitter because he can hit the fastball.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Those are pretty good games to watch.

The women's national team has games there as well, and those are good games as well.

The 2017 Women's Hockey World Championship tournament was held there.  I took my daughter, and she loved it.  Much more fun to watch than the current Red Wings.  Got to meet a bunch of the Team USA players, many of whom have also been on the USA Winter Olympics team. 

We're gettin' no place fast as we can 
Get a noseful from our so-called friends 

We're gettin' nowhere quick as we know how
We whirl from town to town treatment bound

6 hours ago, Oblong said:

Corey Pronman's write up, he tends to be conservative with what he considers generational:

Hughes is one of the best skating forwards I’ve seen in the past decade. I’m not sold he’s Connor McDavid/Nathan MacKinnon level, but he’s one small notch below. He brings elite speed to go along with elite puck skills and great vision. He’s the ultimate playmaker who drives play like few others. His physicality remains his biggest weakness as a small, slight center, but everything else about his game screams top level player. He’s not a generational prospect, but projects to be an average/quality first overall prospect.

Pronman categorizes him as a "Special Prospect," Special prospect: Projects to be one of the very best at their position in the league

He's supposed to be a lot better than say Nolan Patrick a couple drafts ago, so I think he would help the Wings immensely.

This is the other guy in the running:

Kaapo Kakko, LW, TPS-Liiga

Kakko’s been playing a major role for TPS to start the season, being a top-line forward for his Liiga team. His skill level and playmaking are high-end and border on elite. He can beat defenders 1-on-1 with ease, maneuvers very well in small areas and can create offense out of nothing. He won’t wow you with physicality or speed, both are about average for me and he needs to bulk up quite a bit, but he has the potential to be a premier playmaker off the wing in the NHL due to his skill. He also has a very good shot and can beat goalies from a distance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

When does Nyquist get traded?

To Las Vegas!

23 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

I want a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to start the conversation.

youre going to end up talking to yourself.  :)

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

youre going to end up talking to yourself.  :)

He's better than Tatar.