Sign in to follow this  
Tigrrfan

50 of the best of Barry!

Two things that struct me from that video:

1. Sanders wasn't always the fastest guy out there.  Don't get me wrong, he was certainly fast, but he did get taken down from behind a couple of times there.  Speed certainly helps a RB, but you don't always have to be the fastest to be the best.

2. Holy cow the NFL has changed in just a handful of years.  Some of those blocks and tackles...  I saw more than one "horse collar" that brought down Sanders.  Ugh.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

To be fair, it was 20 - 25 years ago.  That is quite a bit.

Yeah, you're right... I guess I was thinking more about when he retired... and even then it nearly two decade.  I keep forgetting how old I really am. :)

8 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Two things that struct me from that video:

1. Sanders wasn't always the fastest guy out there.  Don't get me wrong, he was certainly fast, but he did get taken down from behind a couple of times there.  Speed certainly helps a RB, but you don't always have to be the fastest to be the best.

2. Holy cow the NFL has changed in just a handful of years.  Some of those blocks and tackles...  I saw more than one "horse collar" that brought down Sanders.  Ugh.

I remember being in high school at the time of his 2k season, the narrative to us high school kids was that he would indeed get tackled from behind because he didn't have straight line speed.

Then he had that game against tb where he broke off two 80 yard tds suddenly kids in school started talking about how he suddenly had that breakaway speed now.  Looking back it's kinda funny how we thought somebody at his age could suddenly develop breakaway speed out of nowhere.