lordstanley

October 2018 Game Threads

Wings win again, but not before blowing a 3-goal 3rd period lead. Nice play by Cholowski to Bertizzi for the winner.

We can all cheer on the Wings guilt-free. We could all stand on the roofs of our houses with faces painted blowing vuvuzelas throughout each and every game and the Wings will go ahead and lose 50+ times anyways. This is a bottom 5 team.

Great play by Cholowski on the winner, the kid really looks good.  He isn't mistake free, but definitely their best defender.

Green had a REALLY rough game defensively, eesh.

Vanek is going to be out a couple weeks now too, so they may call up a few forwards.  I wish Zadina were scoring a bunch so he would come up.

16 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Vanek is going to be out a couple weeks now too, so they may call up a few forwards.  I wish Zadina were scoring a bunch so he would come up.

They sent down Hicketts and called up Megan who seems to be a pure AHL center... guessing AA is looking ready and they need Megan for the press box?  Otherwise it seems odd Ehn or even Holmstrom didn't come up.

from another message board on Stevie:

Bob McKenzie podcast (Season 3 ep 1) @ 41:42. He answers two questions about Yzerman. He says almost the exact same thing I've been saying to you about this:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/tsn-hockey-bobcast-season-3-episode-1-1.1182622

#1) What is the future with Detroit Red Wings & Steve Yzerman?

• For family & geographic reasons Yzerman decided to go back to Michigan.
  • I feel like everybody in hockey thinks Steve Yzerman is destined to go back to the Detroit Red Wings
  • I could see Yzerman coming into run the Red Wings and I can see Kenny Holland moving up the food chain to make way for Yzerman or I could see Kenny Holland being a candidate with the new Seattle expansion hockey team
  • Conventional wisdom is Yzerman will be boots on the ground with Red Wings as soon as his contract expires
  • Nothing has been agreed to because it would be tampering

#2) Do you think the Canucks owners will try to convince Yzerman to come to Vancouver?

• If you think Steve Yzerman felt uncomfortable geographically being in Tampa, even though his birth certificate says Cranbrook, British Columbia, there is not a chance in the world he'll end up in Vancouver.