lordstanley

October 2018 Game Threads

9 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

At this point, I'd rather save a year for Rasmussen, and even Zadina.  This will be a waste of a year, better to save them for their age 21-22 seasons than this season.  I also hope they continue to play the young defense as much as possible.  I really like Cholowski.

Zadina I totally agree. 

For Rasmussen, while I hear what you and Drown are saying, I'd like to see him play with the Wings all year. It may be bumpy at times but I think he will progress.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Zadina I totally agree. 

For Rasmussen, while I hear what you and Drown are saying, I'd like to see him play with the Wings all year. It may be bumpy at times but I think he will progress.

Can't they work out a deal with the junior team, so that he plays the right position and will do what he needs to do in the NHL?  I know the Western league is a bit different, although I don't get a chance to see that much of them as I use to when I had NHL Network.

Veleno off to a good start. 5G 6A 11Pts in 8 games.  But the Q is generally considered the easier of the major junior leagues to rack up points.

Since Zadina is playing in the AHL, do they save a year on his contract if he doesn't play in the NHL?  I wasn't sure if that only applied to guys going back to junior hockey.

edit: I looked it up, they can extend his deal if he's in the AHL, I was worried since it was "pro" they would count it.  If the team stays awful I wouldn't mind him only playing 8 games near the end of the season then going back to Grand Rapids.  That is if they are having a good year.

5 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

Since Zadina is playing in the AHL, do they save a year on his contract if he doesn't play in the NHL?  I wasn't sure if that only applied to guys going back to junior hockey.

I believe it is based on age, not where you play. 

I wonder what the reasoning is for allowing 19 year old zadina to play in the AHL, but 19 year old Rasmussen (as of decemeber 31) would have to go back to his junior team. Is it simply something to keep the relationship with junior hockey strong, and who cares about the Europeans?

Anyway, I think zadina can have his ELC slide this year like Rasmussen. 

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Veleno off to a good start. 5G 6A 11Pts in 8 games.  But the Q is generally considered the easier of the major junior leagues to rack up points.

FWIW, and it is worth very little, Veleno looked solid when I watched him play pre-season.

Sort of player who did nothing flashy but makes good decisions and is effective overall because of his understanding of the game.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

I believe it is based on age, not where you play. 

I wonder what the reasoning is for allowing 19 year old zadina to play in the AHL, but 19 year old Rasmussen (as of decemeber 31) would have to go back to his junior team. Is it simply something to keep the relationship with junior hockey strong, and who cares about the Europeans?

Anyway, I think zadina can have his ELC slide this year like Rasmussen. 

I could be wrong, but I believe Zadina was technically on loan to his junior team from a pro team in the Czech Republic so he was considered eligible for the AHL based on his pro "experience."  

7 hours ago, lordstanley said:

edit: he has two goals and four total points tonight...

4 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

I could be wrong, but I believe Zadina was technically on loan to his junior team from a pro team in the Czech Republic so he was considered eligible for the AHL based on his pro "experience."  

That is correct.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, Buddha said:

theyre going to send rasmussen down as soon as svechnikov is ready.

welp...

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Was on the verge of being a bust and it's possible today will seal it.

He seemed to be building a tiny bit of confidence so I definitely feel bad for the kid.

they claimed some scrub off waivers from Montreal...which is precisely what a tanking team shouldn't do.

Jacob DeLa Rose

Rasmussen and Daley will return to the lineup. 

2 hours ago, kdog said:

they claimed some scrub off waivers from Montreal...which is precisely what a tanking team shouldn't do.

Jacob DeLa Rose

Even as a prospect he seemed to be a good defense/low offense guy.  The habs certainly didn't give him many minutes, but I'm unsure where the Wings are looking to use him... I also just read this: "De La Rose was placed on waivers by the Canadiens on Tuesday and has yet to play a game this season after suffering a cardiac episode at the end of training camp."

I also see Sulak went down to Grand Rapids for Daley, probably the right move.

Red Wings playing some weird hockey. Basically play Tampa even for 30 minutes, then have a total collapse - while on the power play no less - and give up about 5 odd man rushes. Makes no sense. Shouldn't still be 1-1

OK, it isn't. 2-1

Wings lose 3-1 (the 3rd an empty netter). They didn't play a bad game - just have no finishers. They can whiff on any kind or number of scoring chances.