Saturday October 13 - at Boston

Monday October 15 - at Montreal

Thursday October 18- at Tampa

Saturday October 20 - at Florida

Monday October 22 - Carolina

Friday October 26 - Winnipeg

Sunday October 28 - Dallas

Tuesday October 30 - Columbus

6 rookies in tonight's lineup  - Rasmussen, Ehn, Cholowski, Hronek, Hicketts and Sulak. All but Hicketts are making their NHL debut tonight. Plenty of proud moms, dads, siblings and girlfriends in attendance.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

6 rookies in tonight's lineup  - Rasmussen, Ehn, Cholowski, Hronek, Hicketts and Sulak. All but Hicketts are making their NHL debut tonight. Plenty of proud moms, dads, siblings and girlfriends in attendance.

I definitely wouldn't have thought with this many debuts that Zadina wouldn't be one of them.

2-2 after 2. Wings were clearly overmatched in the 1st period and trailed 1-0. But recovered a bit in 2nd and got goals from Cholowski (!) and Bertuzzi.

cholowski scored.  but then turned the puck over, gave up an odd man rush and columbus scored.

rookies...

26 minutes ago, Buddha said:

cholowski scored.  but then turned the puck over, gave up an odd man rush and columbus scored.

rookies...

The Wings are going to take a lot of penalties this year. Can't keep up with the pace yet.

Imagine being a pro coach, working at your craft your whole life and getting paid good money, and then you think..."you know what, Luke Glendening should play 3 on 3 overtime, ya that makes sense."

55 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Drown, who would you rather have right now -Cholo, Fabbro or Chychrun?

Oi tough question!  It is tough, I haven't seen much of Chychrun and can't recall much of Fabbro if I've seen any.

I actually was thinking about this the other day strictly from the trade perspective, I think the Wings were the obvious winners of Cholowski + Hronek + Cap Space for Chychrun at this stage of the game.

Chychrun was uninspiring and raw the last I watched him play.  I honestly didn't make an effort to watch Coyotes games so it has been a while.  I think he can be solid based on what I saw of him in the NHL, but I'm not as hot on him as I was at the draft.  In looking at his stats, 14 points in 50 games last year isn't great when I was always impressed with his offense in the draft.  20 in 68 games his rookie year, so he needs to show some improvement.  I imagine Cholowski can hit at least 20 points this season.  The Coyotes roster is improving so maybe Cychrun can put up more points this year, but he probably needs to show more if he's going to be counted on as a major building block moving forward.  I think I would take the question mark of Cholowski in the NHL at this point over what Chychrun has shown in the NHL so far.

I see Fabbro didn't make the Predators, tough to crack that d corps.  He put up 29 points in 38 games at Boston University last year, which is solid but it isn't like he is dominating the NCAA.  I checked and I didn't see him in the top 100 players for points per game, but I could have used their site wrong.  I couldn't figure out if I could sort for defensemen.  Fabbro and Cholowski had really similar freshman year seasons although Fabbro did do a tad better.  I think Cholowski has benefitted from leaving the NCAA and having an easier team to break in on, but I would say I would take what I've seen from Cholowski over the possibility of what I see from Fabbro on paper. I've been impressed with Cholo in the prospect tournament games and pre season so I have high hopes he can be a really good 2/3 dman.  But it is tough to call when I haven't seen Fabbro skate.  I think if Cholowski keeps playing with confidence he will be okay, if he starts thinking too much out there he's toast, so he's far from a sure thing.

edit: oh snap, Fabbro isn't even signed!  No wonder he didn't make the team...  I'm an idiot he's in NCAA of course he hasn't signed.  Yikes, quite a goof by me.

3 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

Oi tough question!  It is tough, I haven't seen much of Chychrun and can't recall much of Fabbro if I've seen any.

I actually was thinking about this the other day strictly from the trade perspective, I think the Wings were the obvious winners of Cholowski + Hronek + Cap Space for Chychrun at this stage of the game.

Chychrun was uninspiring and raw the last I watched him play.  I honestly didn't make an effort to watch Coyotes games so it has been a while.  I think he can be solid based on what I saw of him in the NHL, but I'm not as hot on him as I was at the draft.  In looking at his stats, 14 points in 50 games last year isn't great when I was always impressed with his offense in the draft.  20 in 68 games his rookie year, so he needs to show some improvement.  I imagine Cholowski can hit at least 20 points this season.  The Coyotes roster is improving so maybe Cychrun can put up more points this year, but he probably needs to show more if he's going to be counted on as a major building block moving forward.  I think I would take the question mark of Cholowski in the NHL at this point over what Chychrun has shown in the NHL so far.

I see Fabbro didn't make the Predators, tough to crack that d corps.  He put up 29 points in 38 games at Boston University last year, which is solid but it isn't like he is dominating the NCAA.  I checked and I didn't see him in the top 100 players for points per game, but I could have used their site wrong.  I couldn't figure out if I could sort for defensemen.  Fabbro and Cholowski had really similar freshman year seasons although Fabbro did do a tad better.  I think Cholowski has benefitted from leaving the NCAA and having an easier team to break in on, but I would say I would take what I've seen from Cholowski over the possibility of what I see from Fabbro on paper. I've been impressed with Cholo in the prospect tournament games and pre season so I have high hopes he can be a really good 2/3 dman.  But it is tough to call when I haven't seen Fabbro skate.  I think if Cholowski keeps playing with confidence he will be okay, if he starts thinking too much out there he's toast, so he's far from a sure thing.

Thanks, I don't know enough to offer a comparison opinion. Just enough to say that I'm satisfied, even pleasantly surprised, by Cholowski's progress since draft day.

I'll waive to you all from section 119 tonight!  Kings just put Quick on the IR so hopefully the Wings can generate some offense against Campbell.

1 hour ago, drownwithyou said:

I'll waive to you all from section 119 tonight!  Kings just put Quick on the IR so hopefully the Wings can generate some offense against Campbell.

Great, I'll be watching, day off in Canada tomorrow.

Bernier will be in net for the Wings.  Petr Mrazek gave up 5 goals on 24 shots today but got the 8-5 win for the Canes over the Rangers.

Leafs scoring at the pace expected. Through 2 periods in Chicago, the Leafs' 3rd game of the season, Matthews has scored 4 this season and Tavares has 3 on the year.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Great, I'll be watching, day off in Canada tomorrow.

Bernier will be in net for the Wings.  Petr Mrazek gave up 5 goals on 24 shots today but got the 8-5 win for the Canes over the Rangers.

Leafs scoring at the pace expected. Through 2 periods in Chicago, the Leafs' 3rd game of the season, Matthews has scored 4 this season and Tavares has 3 on the year.

I work at 8am tomorrow but really want to watch. Thinking at least one period, maybe two. Except that I'll do the same tomorrow night too! 

20 minutes ago, wolverinefan said:

I work at 8am tomorrow but really want to watch. Thinking at least one period, maybe two. Except that I'll do the same tomorrow night too! 

The Lions won earlier today, I just finished Thanksgiving dinner, and I'm now drinking wine watching the Wings. 

Kings' starting goalie Jack Campbell is from Port Huron. Aww c'mon, when is Sarnia going to break its drought of a homegrown NHL player (the Sting have sent several to the NHL such as Yakupov, Stamkos and Chychrun but none were born in Sarnia).

So to add some color to my viewing experience this season, I'm turning down the broadcast volume and listening to great albums with the game as a backdrop. Tonight? Paul Simon's Graceland. Kings take a 1-0 lead during The Boy in the Bubble, Jensen fights Muzzin during I Know What I Know.

1-1 game! Lucky deflection there, but we'll take it! Nice showing on the powerplay tonight. 

On that note, I am going to bed. Go Wings!