Tenacious D

2018-19 Off-season Thread

Arenado has tentatively agreed to an 8 year/$255 million deal with the Rockies.

Opt-out after 3 years.

18 minutes ago, Blue Square Thing said:

I guess that site wouldn't e great for underground parking - on account of the ocean and all?

I did like this from the original article:

I'm not sure they fully understand the nature of the triathlon and how it's likely to work.

They do the bike and run parts of indoor winter Tri's in arenae in cold areas of the US (Pretty boring according to someone I know who does them) so you could certainly do them in an outdoor stadium in a warm weather clime, but why would you when you could run and ride through the streets of the seaside town and especially right down the dual paved track that runs a few miles down Long Beach's.....(wait for it....) ....LONG BEACH!

6 minutes ago, kdog said:

Arenado has tentatively agreed to an 8 year/$255 million deal with the Rockies.

Collusion sounding more like Collapse

12 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

They do the bike and run parts of indoor winter Tri's in arenae in cold areas of the US (Pretty boring according to someone I know who does them) so you could certainly do them in an outdoor stadium in a warm weather clime, but why would you when you could run and ride through the streets of the seaside town and especially right down the dual paved track that runs a few miles down Long Beach's.....(wait for it....) ....LONG BEACH!

Arenae? 

15 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Arenae? 

TeeHee. Passive aggressive reaction to seeing two separate failures to properly pluralize latin nouns in the press in the last two days.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

TeeHee. Passive aggressive reaction to seeing two separate failures to properly pluralize latin nouns in the press in the last two days.

What were they?

6 minutes ago, Shelton said:

What were they?

they were both latin neuter "-ium" that had just had 's' put on them. I suppose the 'regularization' of non-standard plurals is probably good for the efficacy of the language, but if you can't be curmudgeonly as you get older, what's the point?

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but the mlb pipeline system rankings have been rolling out, and the tigers are in the top 10. 

Teams 9 and 10 are released today, and you have to expect that the tigers would be one of those teams. 

Title in 2022 book it

Keith Law put out his draft rankings...there are only 3 pitchers in his top 15 fwiw.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

How boring indeed.

2 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

I guess that site wouldn't e great for underground parking - on account of the ocean and all?

I did like this from the original article:

I'm not sure they fully understand the nature of the triathlon and how it's likely to work.

Not a problem.  The athletes would just have to ride their bikes around the bases 365 times.

Arenado signs eight year extension for $260 mil with an opt out. 

Harper sucks.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

they were both latin neuter "-ium" that had just had 's' put on them. I suppose the 'regularization' of non-standard plurals is probably good for the efficacy of the language, but if you can't be curmudgeonly as you get older, what's the point?

The plural of datum is still datums, right?

Gardy says waiver claim OF Peterson is showing both confidence AND savvy...let's bump that rebuild timetable up a year or so

• Like 1

Peterson is a grinder and has a desire to want to improve every day.  A real hard worker and student of the game.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Peterson is a grinder and has a desire to want to improve every day.  A real hard worker and student of the game.

Confidence, savvy, and being a grinder aren't enough.  The make-or-break is whether he's scrappy.

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

He also wants to win.  

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Peterson will be bringing his talents to many MLB stadiums this season. 

I don't know where he's going get at bats.  Their outfield is absolutely stacked.  

21 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I don't know where he's going get at bats.  Their outfield is absolutely stacked.  

Good point. We will probably be too busy following the great castellanos quest for the 850 ops. 

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

Good point. We will probably be too busy following the great castellanos quest for the 850 ops. 

Even if they trade Castellanos, Peterson is going to be blocked by the great Victor Reyes.  

With the Machado and Arenado contracts I don't want to hear about collusion.   I"m not talking amount but 5 year and 3 year out's respectively?   Top players are getting better deals than ever with flexibility.  Agents are taking too long for the top guys screwing the middle tier.   Players have to hold themselves accountable too - they've created a lot of this.

That said, I'm fine with a Salary floor.

20 hours ago, tiger337 said:

He also wants to win.  

Say what you want about him, but one thing is clear: He's a baseball player