Keepleyland2

9/30 @3:10 Detroit Tigers vs Milwaukee Brewers

10-0 Brewers in the 7th. I like how the Tigers are showing fight right until the end, not an easy out.

Just now, lordstanley said:

10-0 Brewers in the 7th. I like how the Tigers are showing fight right until the end, not an easy out.

Grandy makes an appearance and drops a hit in.

Buckle up for the breaking of the Brewer's hearts with the stunning 12 run rally......leading us to a Shane Green blown save.

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Buckle up for the breaking of the Brewer's hearts with the stunning 12 run rally......leading us to a Shane Green blown save.

that's right, Liriano is still due for another appearance isn't he?

58 minutes ago, jbhappy said:

losing in a shutout seems like a fitting end to the season.

even "better" , a shutout and a blowout. and a sweep.

ah, well. till next season...

Well - see all you boys next year in Spring training....

hmm, wait - my computer isn't going anywhere, is it?............

😋

45 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Well - see all you boys next year in Spring training....

Who you callin' boy?

So the AL had three 100-win+ teams and three 100-loss+ teams.  7 of 15 AL teams won 89 or more games, the other 8 teams were under .500. Many seasons Seattle's 89 wins would have been enough to grab a wildcard, this year it was 8 games behind the 2nd wildcard and wouldn't even have been a 3rd wildcard.

25 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

So the AL had three 100-win+ teams and three 100-loss+ teams.  7 of 15 AL teams won 89 or more games, the other 8 teams were under .500. Many seasons Seattle's 89 wins would have been enough to grab a wildcard, this year it was 8 games behind the 2nd wildcard and wouldn't even have been a 3rd wildcard.

Only time in history 5 AL teams lose 95 or more games. Four teams with even 90 losses doesn’t happen that often. Suppose we’ll see more seasons going forward with such extreme gaps between the best and worst. 

AL Central had 3 teams with 98 or more losses.

Tigers 98

White Sox 100

Royals 104

AL Central standings vs every other team except AL Central teams:

Indians 30-36

Twins 28-38

White Sox 26-40

Tigers 25-41

Royals 16-50

TOTAL 125-205

Two tiebreakers tomorrow?  Well played, MLB, well played....

I should tell the new hire we're done at noon tomorrow.  Here's your badge & key, here's your office, let's go see HR real quick, and your afternoon off is on me.

4 hours ago, jbhappy said:

losing in a shutout seems like a fitting end to the season.

TTBDNS.

I’m rooting for the Milwaukee Brewers to go the whole way.  I used to feel a sense of identity with the American League,  now I pretty much despise just about every team other than the Tigers.  The Brewers have never really won much of anything so they’re my team.  

When I was in Yellowstone last summer, I met a kid who is a mechanic at a gas station who was repairing my car, and on his day off he came in wearing a Brewers jersey and cap and he was an honest to God baseball fan.  A field of dreams guy. Steeped in the game. Knowledable, passionate.  If we can’t have it I want him to know the ultimate happiness this game can provide.  998973FD-6D6D-42F8-B2D8-3EB3CEADEF76.thumb.jpeg.2d89c6dd601641b7ea47e00df7040b87.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Noice ride there, Bert

We almost died. Within a half hour the brakes were ground to dust as we descended, and the alternator fried, along with various other aspects of the electrical system. It took six days for all the various parts to arrive from points far and wide.  We were marooned in a repair shop in Yellowstone and slept in the van at night and hitchhiked through the park during the day, and instead of having the vacation of which we dreamed, had an adventure where the kindness of strangers prevailed.  It was magical in unpredictable ways. 

• Like 1