Motor City Sonics

Game 4. Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys. Will The Real Big D Please Stand Up!

I could only watch the 1st half, but I thought I saw signs of hope in the OLine play. They got  good push in a number of plays. This line is at least powerful enough to do the job when they execute, which is more than you can say about Lion DLines going all the way back to the day they drafted Raiola and decided they weren't playing power FB anymore. But still too many break downs on both sides. And  at least in the 1st half, the defensive front didn't bring much effective pressure.

5 minutes ago, holygoat said:

The Fords are not selling. So why do you keep support this team?

I don't. I buy neither tickets or merchandise. I  gave up on this franchise about 10 years ago when I finally realized it wasn't going to change. I come on this Lions board once a year and  see the same complaints year in and year out.  State my case  and leave. 

24 minutes ago, kgeorge78 said:

that's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Concerning that you would think that someone who has invested millions is more concerned about winning than the bottom line. Winning is the bonus. 

13 minutes ago, motown blues said:

I don't. I buy neither tickets or merchandise. I  gave up on this franchise about 10 years ago when I finally realized it wasn't going to change. I come on this Lions board once a year and  see the same complaints year in and year out.  State my case  and leave. 

I think most of us just take it year to year now. But, it never changes. always a rebuild

Not sure what Martha is suppose to do here. Its been two years and back to back 9-7 seasons with a playoff appearance. If you fire a GM with a winning record after only two seasons, who is going to want to come here? Who do you hire instead? I don't think a different owner would have done it any differently. Martha has proven to be a different owner than WCF but continues to be lumped in with him. 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:
Penalties 8-58

2-20

Guess who had the 8 penalties.

the roughing the passer in the 1st half was garbage though.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

the roughing the passer in the 1st half was garbage though.

I think that's the point. There were a lot of no calls on Dallas. 

2 minutes ago, Kamakzie said:

Our run game really took a major hit once Lang came out of the game.

Offensive line, unlike any other position, is only as good as its weakest link. A stud offensive lineman can still only block one person. On the defensive line, a stud defensive tackle can demand a double team which in turns helps his lineman. The pass protection also seemed to break down more after Lang left.

31 minutes ago, motown blues said:

Ah, so you're trolling. Why didn't you just say so?

1 hour ago, The Ronz said:

The Fords aren't interested in winning. Mr. Ford said so himself years ago:

"The fans.....are interested in the won-loss and I guess that's the barometer you judge success or failure by if you're a fan."

Obviously Mr. Ford did not consider himself a fan and also did not judge success by the win-loss record but by how much money the team made.

mr. ford is dead.  the idea that the fords dont want to win is stupid.  the idea that they are incompetent and dont know the first thing about HOW to win is accurate.

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not sure what Martha is suppose to do here. Its been two years and back to back 9-7 seasons with a playoff appearance. If you fire a GM with a winning record after only two seasons, who is going to want to come here? Who do you hire instead? I don't think a different owner would have done it any differently. Martha has proven to be a different owner than WCF but continues to be lumped in with him. 

So 60 years of futility hasn't convinced you?  

33 minutes ago, motown blues said:

oh.  thanks.

1 minute ago, motown blues said:

So 60 years of futility hasn't convinced you?  

Martha hasn't been running the Lions for 60 years. She has clearly done things differently than WCF. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Offensive line, unlike any other position, is only as good as its weakest link. A stud offensive lineman can still only block one person. On the defensive line, a stud defensive tackle can demand a double team which in turns helps his lineman. The pass protection also seemed to break down more after Lang left.

And by the looks of it who knows when we might get him back. Concussions are tricky things and it looked really bad.

I want to know who called the meeting with all the NFL and NCAAF refs together and decided it would be OK to just forget about half the pass interference? It was an absolute joke on the replay that Dallas asked for on one Tate catch that they were worried about whether his hand stayed under the ball, while all the slo-mos showed the DBack tackling Tate while the ball was still 3 feet away and no one said a word about it. It's been like that in every FB game I've watched this year. I guess the rules have made the passing game so hard to stop and teams are dedicating so little physical talent to DBack that if they weren't allowing undersized DBs to be all over receivers that have 30 lbs and half a foot on them, we'd never see a punt.

1 minute ago, holygoat said:

Ah, so you're trolling. Why didn't you just say so?

If i were trolling i'd be making comments every week. I don't do that.  If you want to keep believing that they'll get it right one  day thats alright. 

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

mr. ford is dead.  the idea that the fords dont want to win is stupid.  the idea that they are incompetent and dont know the first thing about HOW to win is accurate.

thats all i'm saying.

42 minutes ago, jb84 said:

I get you don't like Davis. He's not going anywhere and Slay would not have D'd that

you mean like that perfect throw to the end zone where slay reached out his hand and ripped the ball from the receiver?

not only would slay have done it, he did it in front of you 20 minutes earlier in this very game!

but the comparison isnt slay, slay is an all pro dback.  the point was davis failed to make the play.

look, it was a great throw but davis wasnt in position to make the play.  he let elliott run by him.

lets just agree there was plenty of fault to go around on defense.  its certainly not all on davis and he didnt get a ton of help.

20 minutes ago, jb84 said:

I think most of us just take it year to year now. But, it never changes. always a rebuild

This season, statistically speaking, was over when we started out 0-2. Oh well...next year.

A billionaire considers only making $50 million over 5 or 7 years as losing money. They figure they could have made much more money at something else. They don't think the same way we do.