Motor City Sonics

Game 4. Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys. Will The Real Big D Please Stand Up!

7 minutes ago, motown blues said:

Nothing changes until the Fords are gone.

Was Martha playing on the defensive line today?

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I never thought Mayhew was as bad as some made him seem. Quinn is only in his third year after back to back playoff appearances. What exactly is Martha suppose to do?

Back to back playoff seasons?

I don't see how the Quinn regime is any better than the Mayhew regime.  You said they hired a qualified individual and I don't see what makes him more qualified than the previous mediocre regimes under WCF.  Now that it's his 3rd season and it's mostly his players, I see a similar level offense from when he took over if not a little worse and a worse defense.

This was decided by the photos of Walt Coleman with a farm animal that JJ has in his safe. 

When you draft the way the Lions have you can't win unless you get elite QB play, so unless Stafford is really on chances are they aren't going to win.  

12 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Was Martha playing on the defensive line today?

Look,Ford ownership is the only constant  in  54 years. They've tried everything else  in that time and nothing seems to work out. it's time to move on.

5 minutes ago, motown blues said:

Look,Ford ownership is the only constant  in  54 years. They've tried everything else  in that time and nothing seems to work out. it's time to move on.

Why don’t you write her a letter and offer to buy the team. We will take up a collection. 

The Fords aren't interested in winning. Mr. Ford said so himself years ago:

"The fans.....are interested in the won-loss and I guess that's the barometer you judge success or failure by if you're a fan."

Obviously Mr. Ford did not consider himself a fan and also did not judge success by the win-loss record but by how much money the team made.

Just now, The Ronz said:

The Fords aren't interested in winning. Mr. Ford said so himself years ago:

"The fans.....are interested in the won-loss and I guess that's the barometer you judge success or failure by if you're a fan."

Obviously Mr. Ford did not consider himself a fan and also did not judge success by the win-loss record but by how much money the team made.

Tired. 

QB/Off played good enough to win today.

Dline definitely did not. Dline is the glaring weakness. 

it was a good game.

One perfect Dax throw for the win.

They are what they are.   Davis actually had a decent game but Zeke is a top 1 or 2 RB in the league and he made a monster play.

Meh.

6 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Why don’t you write her a letter and offer to buy the team. We will take up a collection. 

Why do you keep supporting this team? One year everyone complains about how the offense sucks. Then the next year how the defense sucks. Then the OC sucks, then the DC sucks. And then the GM sucks. Then the coaching sucks. What sucks is the ownership. 60 years of futility is a good barometer to measure from.

Honestly very few owners are actually interested in winning or losing.  These guys are businessman, the vast majority buy sports teams for the investment, if they win great, if not that's fine cause the team will keep gaining equity.   

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Honestly very few owners are actually interested in winning or losing.  These guys are businessman, the vast majority buy sports teams for the investment, if they win great, if not that's fine cause the team will keep gaining equity.   

that's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah this isn't very true anymore. 

Sure it was back in 81 when Steinbrenner bought the Yanks for like $12 million. Nowadays, it cost billions to buy a team. Hard to turn around that investment in 10 or 20 years. 

Just now, Keepleyland2 said:

Yeah this isn't very true anymore. 

Sure it was back in 81 when Steinbrenner bought the Yanks for like $12 million. Nowadays, it cost billions to buy a team. Hard to turn around that investment in 10 or 20 years. 

5 years ago only one NFL franchise was worth over 2 billion, now the average team is worth 2.5 billion. 

11 minutes ago, motown blues said:

Why do you keep supporting this team? One year everyone complains about how the offense sucks. Then the next year how the defense sucks. Then the OC sucks, then the DC sucks. And then the GM sucks. Then the coaching sucks. What sucks is the ownership. 60 years of futility is a good barometer to measure from.

The Fords are not selling. So why do you keep support this team?

12 minutes ago, kgeorge78 said:

that's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Why is it dumb?  NFL teams only have 8 home games a year and they sell out every game regardless so where's the incentive for them to be good?  Attendance is going to be there anyway.    Every year their investment is going up 100s of millions of dollars regardless of the win total.  Look at the Pistons.  Tom Gores bought them for 325 million 7 years ago, they've done nothing but suck since then yet they are now valued at over a billion, so Gores has already made 700 million off that investment.  

56 minutes ago, Buddha said:

he was two yards behind.  his whole job is to prevent him from getting behind him and not only didnt he do it, he couldnt catch up.

come on man.

I get you don't like Davis. He's not going anywhere and Slay would not have D'd that

40 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Back to back playoff seasons?

I don't see how the Quinn regime is any better than the Mayhew regime.  You said they hired a qualified individual and I don't see what makes him more qualified than the previous mediocre regimes under WCF.  Now that it's his 3rd season and it's mostly his players, I see a similar level offense from when he took over if not a little worse and a worse defense.

It's really not mostly his players. Stafford, Tate, Quinn, Slay aren't his players so I guess the good ones aren't his players. Who was more qualified that was available than Quinn? What should Martha have done differently? 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

5 years ago only one NFL franchise was worth over 2 billion, now the average team is worth 2.5 billion

Yeah what Forbes says teams are worth, has shown not to mean much. It's flawed to say in 5 years teams are worth X more cause Forbes Magazine says so. 

It doesn't take into account any debt your taking on. The fact that several NFL teams aren't going anywhere, i.e. the packers, the cowboys, the Steelers, etc. And those are some that drive up the average worth the highest.See this chart

NFL-Team-chart_0.png.png

2 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Yeah what Forbes says teams are worth, has shown not to mean much. It's flawed to say in 5 years teams are worth X more cause Forbes Magazine says so. 

It doesn't take into account any debt your taking on. The fact that several NFL teams aren't going anywhere, i.e. the packers, the cowboys, the Steelers, etc. And those are some that drive up the average worth the highest.See this chart

NFL-Team-chart_0.png.png

The Bills sold for 1.4 billion 4 years ago, the Panthers sold for 2.6 last season.  That's essentially an extra billion dollars in just 4 years.