Motor City Sonics

Game 4. Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys. Will The Real Big D Please Stand Up!

20 hours ago, Buddha said:

its because theyre the pats, right?  everything they do mimics the pats.  the defensive scheme, the rotation of the running backs, the churning of the roster.

its what every team that tries to mimic the pats does.  and they all fail because they dont have brady/belicheck.

i am also flabbergasted at why they dont play johnson more.  blount is a short yardage guy yet they continually play him.  johnson makes a great run amd the next play they yank him off the field.  they play riddick and johnson together for one snap and never again.  they never give johnson a good run.

stubbornness for the sake of the patriot way.

Is that really the Patriot way that is causing this or is it the fact that our OC (who is on record admitting to not knowing much about scheming the run game) just stinks. Last I checked Cooter is still in charge of the offensive play calling and in game personnel management to fit his play designs. Should we be pointing the finger more at JBC for going with a rotation of backs, not utilizing Johnson more, etc.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Is that really the Patriot way that is causing this or is it the fact that our OC (who is on record admitting to not knowing much about scheming the run game) just stinks. Last I checked Cooter is still in charge of the offensive play calling and in game personnel management to fit his play designs. Should we be pointing the finger more at JBC for going with a rotation of backs, not utilizing Johnson more, etc.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

It's an entire lifetime of a question. Are the players totally inept or is it the lack of coaching? It seems like the odds would eventually even out and give us a winning formula. I mean, just about every single team eventually wins a championship.  I guess we should be proud of how hard it must have been to remain this bad for this long. 

4 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Mostly because it's "coach speak" and really doesn't mean a whole lot at all.

Except he got the same question after game 1, game 2, game 3, and game 4. And they are still not giving him carries. 

He is averaging 5.7 YPC. The only game they won he got 16 carries.

Patricia is certainly clued in enough to know this. So is he being stubborn about not giving the kid a big head? Or is he telling JBC to give the kid the ball, and JBC is ignoring him?

34 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It's an entire lifetime of a question. Are the players totally inept or is it the lack of coaching? It seems like the odds would eventually even out and give us a winning formula. I mean, just about every single team eventually wins a championship.  I guess we should be proud of how hard it must have been to remain this bad for this long. 

Players make the coach, not the other way around.

The most value a coach can deliver is to do is identify someone on their roster who was previously undervalued / underused and put them in a role / position to succeed.   

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

At what point in the season, after what upcoming loss, is it alright for fans to start calling for the team to play for Ed Oliver or some superior, collegiate defensive player? If we are 1-4 after a loss to the Packers, 1-5 after a loss to the Dolphins, 1-6 after a loss to the Seahawks? Does the ability to draft Ed Oliver (or whomever) outweigh winning meaningless games in the second half of the season?

As much as I've love that, professionals won't play to lose.

And let's be real, why ruin the guys career? ;) 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Players make the coach, not the other way around.

The most value a coach can deliver is to do is identify someone on their roster who was previously undervalued / underused and put them in a role / position to succeed.   

or  another way to put it might be: "GMs make coaches". 

14 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

To find out, I ordered both from Amazon

• Haha 2

Nah, we're good.  We don't need to trade for Mack.  We have Ziggy.  He looks so good in street clothes too.   Plus Ziggy can tell other guys how to heal from any injury since he's had them all.