Motor City Sonics

Game 4. Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys. Will The Real Big D Please Stand Up!

Sunday,  September 30, 2018,  1:00pm

DETROIT LIONS (1-2)

Image result for detroit lions logos

vs. 

DALLAS COWBOYS (1-2)

Image result for Dallas Cowboys Star

From AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX

Image result for at&t stadium arlington large photo

DETROIT INJURY REPORT

DE  Ezekiel Ansah (Shoulder) - OUT (NO WAY!)
TE Michael Roberts (Knee)  OUT
OL Andrew Donnal (Knee)  --  DOUBTFUL
WR Golden Tate  (Hipster)  --  QUESTIONABLE
LB Jarrad Davis  (Knee) - QUESTIONABLE
OL Frank Ragnow  (Knee)  --  PROBABLE
RG T.J. Lang  (Back Attack)  - PROBABLE

DALLAS INJURY REPORT

DT Maliek Collins  (Knee) -  OUT
C Travis Frederick  (Illness) -  OUT
LB Sean Lee  (Hammy) -  OUT
WR Cole Beasley (Ankle)  - QUESTIONABLE
DT Antwaun Woods  (Groin)  QUESTIONABLE

LINE:  Dallas (-3)

The Detroit Lions thrilled their home crowd with a dominant 26-10 victory over vaunted New England Patriots.   The Lions saw their first 100 yard rushing performance from a single player since 2013 when rookie Kerryon Johnson ran for 101 yards.   The Lions dominated in key team statistics like First Downs, Third Down Efficiency and Total Yards.   This was the first victory in the Matt Patricia era and it was over his mentor Bill Belichick.  The Dallas Cowboys struggles continued with a deflating 24-13 loss to the rebuilding Seattle Seahawks.  The Cowboys offense has not found it's rhythm with several offensive linemen out of the lineup and a weak passing attack led by once-promising QB Dak Prescott.   The Cowboys released star WR Dez Bryant and saw the retirement of potential Hall Of Fame TE Jason Witten this past offseason and none of the team's remaining receivers have stepped up to fill that void.  On the defensive side of the ball the Cowboys will be without their team leader, LB Sean Lee.   Will the Lions surprising pass rush and standout secondary overcome their lack of a run defense or will Ezekiel Elliott be too much for the Lions to handle?   A loss to the Lions could turn Jason Garrett's seat into a metal bench on a hot sunny Texas afternoon.   So far this week no NFL officials have been seen getting off of Jerry Jones' party bus.  

Image result for officials pick up flag dallas detroit

the worst ones were when the cowgirls basically tackled suh multiple times on the last drive right in front of the refs.

this is a big game for the linebackers.  if they are going to stop dallas, theyre going to have to stop the run.  big game for davis to step up.

People like to bring up the officiating in the Dallas game but honestly to me the officiating in Green Bay in week 17 was far worse.  There wasn't a single  flag called on GB all game aside from a couple obvious false starts and offsides that could not be ignored.   I vividly remember Suh getting held a dozen times, no hyperbole, yet not a single flag was called.  That was the most lopsided officiating I have ever seen.   

11 hours ago, Buddha said:

this is a big game for the linebackers.  if they are going to stop dallas, theyre going to have to stop the run.  big game for davis to step up.

Agreed 100% with this

The natives here in DFW are restless... they all want to run Garrett/Linehan out on a rail based on their lack of offensive productivity. So I think they will come out motivated, though aside from Zeke, this just isnt a good offense.

Very winnable game, and I think the national folks may be overrating the Cowboys slightly in this matchup.

That’s about as lions of a start as you can get.  Beautiful run, then gain negative two yards and punt. Then a beautiful punt that should be down at the 1 inch line, but instead it’s a touchback due to poor awareness.  

That 2nd down play had to be a throw, that was the perfect time for it.  JBC doesn’t understand the flow of games. It’s a big problem. 

7 minutes ago, wolverinefan said:

Those uniforms are ugly. 

I love em. 

Again. That 2nd down play has to be a pass. Not a run for zero yards.  That’s two straight drives where it is 2nd and 7 at the 40 and both are runs for no yards.  

And punt.  That was the same exact sequence.   That coaching is awful.   You can’t continue to run on 2nd and 7. 

I wonder if Ziggy and TJ Lang have some sorta bet going on who can get injured the most and easiest?

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder if Ziggy and TJ Lang have some sorta bet going on who can get injured the most and easiest?

TJ got helmet to helmet. It looked pretty rough. 

But I think Ziggy buckled his own shoulder pads too tight. 

19 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

I love em. 

me too, grey looks good