six-hopper

The "FBI investigation" thing

LOL to klobuchar whining about needing an FBI background check. 

You know, like the SIX that Kavanaugh has already been through. 

Well, it looks like they don't have the votes without the FBI Investigation thing

9 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Great idea for a thread. 

Six Hopper makes the best threads.  

The FBI investigation where the FBI says "it's the same as what we said before- we aren't investigating further"? That one? Ok, let's wait a week for that one. 

6 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The FBI investigation where the FBI says "it's the same as what we said before- we aren't investigating further"?

They didn't investigate further because the White House did not give them clearance to, at least to my understanding.

Well, if they don't investigate, it looks like they don't have the votes.      So SixStan should hope they investigate.

Just now, pfife said:

Well, if they don't investigate, it looks like they don't have the votes.      So SixStan should hope they investigate.

Or it was just a convenient way for flake to get out of the building without being further assaulted by leftist activists. 

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Or it was just a convenient way for flake to get out of the building without being further assaulted by leftist activists. 

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

This is the part I don't get... if he clears this background check, he will come out of this in a much better position and with more credibility than before. Without it, he potentially gets confirmed with an asterisk next to his name (at least in the view of a good number of Americans).

Just now, mtutiger said:

This is the part I don't get... if he clears this background check, he will come out of this in a much better position and with more credibility than before. Without it, he potentially gets confirmed with an asterisk next to his name (at least in the view of a good number of Americans).

Right.   I kept hearing he wants his name cleared yesterday, seems like an investigation will do just that if he's not lying.

If I were innocent I would ask for an investigation myself. 

Same goes for the investigation of Mr Potato head in the White House.

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

did you think I was kidding?

The dems always prey on the weak...

Just now, stanpapi said:

did you think I was kidding?

The dems always prey on the weak...

No, I didn't think you were kidding.   I've already seen that video.

That's an incredibly moving video.   Thanks for posting it.

There seems to be a talking point both sides are using..."Flake saw the partisanship and is hoping to unify the country/senate".  I suspect we're right back at it in a week.

Seems like an interesting slight of hand here. The committee recommended he go to the floor for a vote. There is nothing to that vote that says the full senate has to abide by what Flake wants to do, or to delay the vote at all. They can choose to ignore it. It was acknowledged that it was a "gentleman's agreement" that they would pursue it with mcconnell. But they can decide to do what they want. 

14 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You are awesome Stan.  Thanks for keeping me entertained today.

5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Seems like an interesting slight of hand here. The committee recommended he go to the floor for a vote. There is nothing to that vote that says the full senate has to abide by what Flake wants to do, or to delay the vote at all. They can choose to ignore it. It was acknowledged that it was a "gentleman's agreement" that they would pursue it with mcconnell. But they can decide to do what they want. 

There was no slight of hand.  Flake made it known he has no power to make the investigation happen or stop McConnell from pushing forward.  That said, I think it's obvious that if he does that, Flake votes no and every single 'on the fence' vote follows him.  Unless McConnell wants to embarrass himself and Trump, he pushes for the investigation as well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

You are awesome Stan.  Thanks for keeping me entertained today.

Did you think that softee Flake was going to just leave without exacting something for his yes vote on the senate floor? 

The FBI is not going to do anything with this beyond what judiciary has done. It's smoke and mirrors to make sure lady di didn't faint or spontaneously combust as she left the committee room. 

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Did you think that softee Flake was going to just leave without exacting something for his yes vote on the senate floor? 

The FBI is not going to do anything with this beyond what judiciary has done. It's smoke and mirrors to make sure lady di didn't faint or spontaneously combust as she left the committee room. 

Who cares what Flake does.  Your caricature bit on this board is top notch today.

2 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Who cares what Flake does.  Your caricature bit on this board is top notch today.

What? Because I work in facts? Ford has none of those, and she has no witnesses. Taking partisan politics completely out of it, she isn't believable in the slightest, at least with respect to Kavanaugh. 

Just now, stanpapi said:

What? Because I work in facts? Ford has none of those, and she has no witnesses. Taking partisan politics completely out of it, she isn't believable in the slightest, at least with respect to Kavanaugh. 

Facts? 

You posted earlier that Reid went nuclear on SCOTUS nominations.   Hilarious bro.

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

Facts? 

You posted earlier that Reid went nuclear on SCOTUS nominations.   Hilarious bro.

No, I did not say that. Try ******* reading for a change.