Keepleyland2

9/26 @8:10 Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins

I’m looking forward to seeing the video of that.  I was wondering if this was a young player being aggressive or if it was Clark or if it was a good bet that did not work,

6 minutes ago, N11120 said:

Idiotic move by Clark to wave Stewart home.

If its May, sure. 

But, there are four game left in a lost year. What's the worst that happens? they lose?

6 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

If its May, sure. 

But, there are four game left in a lost year. What's the worst that happens? they lose?

Idiotic move anytime of the season, if you're trying to win a ball game. 

Just now, N11120 said:

Idiotic move anytime of the season, if you're trying to win a ball game. 

Again, four games to go what does it hurt? Maybe you get a throw up the line or a dropped ball and stewart gets another dinger. 

I'd the end, lets have some fun.

Obviously they're not going to the post-season, I get it. As far as this fan is concerned, I'm still watching them try to win games. 

Nobody out, Clark should have done the smart thing and held Stewart at 3rd for an rbi triple.

Really, I do think that seeing how much gas is in the tank and stretching things to the limits is not a misplaced activity at this time.  Let’s see what this kid is capable of. 

I got a little chuckle out of that Shepp and Gibby exchange about the NL Cy Young.  They put up the stats of deGrom, Nola and Scherzer and Shepp runs over them and asks Gibby if he thinks Scherzer done enough to win it and Gibby goes "It depends on your criteria?", Shepp follows with "Well do you think he has been the best pitcher in the NL this season?",  Gibby: "Is that the criteria?".  I don't know why but I could just picture Shepp doing a face palm after that response. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keepleyland2 said:

You know Stewart isn't as God Awful in the field as I imagined. 

Biggs has been working with him after a few beers at their axe throwing league.

13 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

You know Stewart isn't as God Awful in the field as I imagined. 

But it's not how you look, it's what you get to - and I guess we will have to see about that as he accumulates some innings under statcast. Nick doesn't 'look' as bad as he is either. Sort of goes back to the threads about Raburn. He made epic mistakes, but when he wasn't making them he did catch a lot of stuff. You can make zero mental or physical errors and still be a -35 DRS OF if you have poor ball flight judgement and the resulting delayed 1st step. Sadly for us fans that is something that we almost have to go to the ballpark a lot to see (or you have to believe advanced metrics) since on a telecast we almost never get to see the timing of when the OF breaks on the ball vs the moment of bat contact.