jb84

Dallas Pre-Game Discussion

20 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

And the officials.  One call either way can effect the final outcome of any game 

Least of my concerns. Every team gets questionable calls

i doubt they extend tate if galloway continues to improve.  they have other needs.

1 hour ago, jb84 said:

Least of my concerns. Every team gets questionable calls

Lions wins, especially in the playoffs, are few and far between. So the calls against them are magnified. And if you were to think they all even out, I would say either you haven't been watching the Lions since the 1960's or you're just wrong.

31 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Lions wins, especially in the playoffs, are few and far between. So the calls against them are magnified. And if you were to think they all even out, I would say either you haven't been watching the Lions since the 1960's or you're just wrong.

Been watching since 50's. Just refuse to be concerned . Good teams overcome bad calls.

2 hours ago, jb84 said:

Been watching since 50's. Just refuse to be concerned . Good teams overcome bad calls.

Good teams? Good teams don't allow weaker teams to stay close enough to allow a call to actually lose a game for them. The Lions haven't been a good team, at least in the Super Bowl era. So bad calls are a major part of their history, whether we want to admit it or not.

I said this in the game thread.... this Cowboys team is not in great shape right now. A lot of anxiety locally surrounding this offense. 

Very winnable game

I'm thinking "Cowboys home feel-good bounceback game" and "Lions flat-after-big-win letdown game". NFL Network cranks up Dallas media hype machine to 11 after the win. Blanket Cowboy coverage all this week and next and next and next

10 minutes ago, number20 said:

I'm thinking "Cowboys home feel-good bounceback game" and "Lions flat-after-big-win letdown game". NFL Network cranks up Dallas media hype machine to 11 after the win. Blanket Cowboy coverage all this week and next and next and next

agree

12 minutes ago, number20 said:

It does have that feel for sure.

Setting aside the Lions, who are about as enigmatic a team as any in the NFL so far, I just think Dallas is overrated. They are who they appeared to be in the first three weeks: bad offensively, decent defensively but overleveraged by a bad offense.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:39 AM, John_Brian_K said:

This is not even really a joke, but whatever I think they WILL do...the opposite will most likely happen.

I thought they should have won the first game...easily...they lost badly.  After that first game I thought they would get blown out in San Fran and they actually made it a respectable game.  I would have bet money they would have lost to NE...maybe make it close or get blown out, but they basically blew NE out.

I think this is a game they lose....so they will most likely win.  Honest to god...if I HAD to bet money on this game right now...I would put it on the Lions...my rational mind would be screaming at me for doing it, but that is what the franchise has done to me.

I would have lost this time, but I was right the first 3 (as far as opposites go) so I am 3-1.  I will call it right now.  I think they are going to get completely shredded v GB....so with MLL (My Lions logic) this means they will either win (in any fashion really) or lose an EXTREMELY close well fought match....similar to the one In Dallas yesterday.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:13 PM, jb84 said:

Good teams get a disproportionately smaller amount of bad calls than bad teams do...it is fact.  This is not something you will be able to 'prove' with a box score because by the end of the game when it is decided one way or the other there are make up calls that do not really mean anything.  They do not affect the outcome, but balance the sheets at the end of the game.  I doubt it is even anything the refs knows they are doing consciously.  I am not someone who thinks EVERY game is fixed before it starts, but I do not think the refs are unbiased at all.  At all.  Mixed in with the ones with the bias I would bet my life savings there are more than just a couple refs out there who are in the mobs pocket.  And if anyone reading this thinks that is crazy then I think you must be the most naive person on the planet...or one of the most anyway.

I watch red zone every Sunday.  I see the good teams...I see a guy holding ON THE EDGE while a runner is breaking for the end zone with a ref RIGHT THERE not throw a flag.  The holding is legit and right in his face.  The refs basically decide who is going to win games...which is the reason I stopped caring if the Lions win or lose anymore. 

Bad calls...just bad calls all over the place.  Calls that should not have been and calls that should have been not being called.  I didn't notice anything in the Lions game yesterday because I stopped really paying attention to it for the Lions, but the other games...the ones I never cared who won or lost...those games I like watching with an open mind and just seeing which team is getting hosed...it is usually pretty easy to see.  Actually I did notice one call in the Lions game yesterday, but interestingly it was a no call on us....it stood out because I do not see those often for the Lions.

I do not really consider football a sport anymore....I consider it entertainment..I would guess in a year or 2 I will stop even considering it that and just stop watching, but for now I still like to sit and watch the games...., but that enjoyment is going right out the window.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, MAROTH4MVP said:

I ranted in here numerous times about how franchising Ansah was plain out Stupid. It really makes me question Quinn, it is a huge sum of money for someone who is never on the field. The lions could have used the cap space and signed Tate to an extension, or sign another DE. The cap space would have carried over to next year had they not used it this year. 

While I'm not 100% sure it was the right move, this wasn't anything like a long term lock in.  The Lions are hugely overpay for Ansah for one year.  After this there's no long term contact, no signing bonus being written off, no dead money for x-number of years.

The Lions has extra cap space this year and desperately needed help on the DL.  They took a chance... it wasn't a good chance in my humble opinion, but they took it and it flopped.  But this isn't a long term problem.

im more concerned that they threw big money at quandre diggs than that they paid ansah for one more year.  

that diggs contract is going to stick with them for a long time, ansah is gone after this year.

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

Good teams get a disproportionately smaller amount of bad calls than bad teams do...it is fact. 

I am guessing this is not a fact, or at least is quite hard to demonstrate and far less impactful than is often suggested.