Sydney_Fife

2018 Pistons Training Camp/Preseason

7 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybq6wrqb

Wolves send a pick to Sacramento. 

Yeah, but why would Minnesota take on another post player with Karl Anthony Town in the fold?

I am all for going for the Pistons throwing something together for this season, likely losing Butler, and spiraling into a loser the season after next.  I hate being in the middle ground, which I think is the best case scenario going forward for the next few years.  I don't know for sure that taking on Butler makes the Pistons serious conference contenders, but I am fine with taking that chance.

And I don't think it is a lost cause if Butler leaves.  As the article that was posted by Biggs mentions, there's a lot of miles on Butler.  The contract he is looking for has the potential to be scary at the end.  The Pistons already have that with Griffin.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

Yeah, but why would Minnesota take on another post player with Karl Anthony Town in the fold?

I am all for going for the Pistons throwing something together for this season, likely losing Butler, and spiraling into a loser the season after next.  I hate being in the middle ground, which I think is the best case scenario going forward for the next few years.  I don't know for sure that taking on Butler makes the Pistons serious conference contenders, but I am fine with taking that chance.

And I don't think it is a lost cause if Butler leaves.  As the article that was posted by Biggs mentions, there's a lot of miles on Butler.  The contract he is looking for has the potential to be scary at the end.  The Pistons already have that with Griffin.

I am sure many Wolves people would love KAT at the 4 instead of having him get beat up playing center.

i dont think the pistons can trade their 2019 first rounder because they traded their 2018 first rounder.  i think it has to be the 2020 pick.

First game tonight! Unfortunately, no way to watch it that I'm aware of.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Does anyone know if Del is ok?  He would normally be posting with the start-up of the new season.

Wherever Del went, he took Mick with him.

18 hours ago, Betrayer said:

First game tonight! Unfortunately, no way to watch it that I'm aware of.

I am looking for court case style drawings today of yesterday's action.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Euphdude said:

Wherever Del went, he took Mick with him.

Maybe Mick left and took Del with him?  Didn't think of that, now, did ya?

• Like 1

Never tried this before, so I have no idea how well it works, but apparently NBA Live Stream is available for tonight's game:

NBA Live Stream

On 10/4/2018 at 7:09 AM, Casimir said:

Maybe Mick left and took Del with him?  Didn't think of that, now, did ya?

This seems more likely. They are probably off together discussing bad beats and which restaurants they ate at on their trips to Vegas and Chicago. 

21 hours ago, Shelton said:

This seems more likely. They are probably off together discussing bad beats and which restaurants they ate at on their trips to Vegas and Chicago. 

Now that you mention it, the Vegas thread has died a sudden death.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, Buddha said:

i dont think the pistons can trade their 2019 first rounder because they traded their 2018 first rounder.  i think it has to be the 2020 pick.

Doesn't matter once the draft ends IIRC

Just a reminder that tonight's scrimmage is on FSD.

Crabbe just turned an ankle. With opening night 9 days away, that could be crucial since he shoots like Steph Curry against us. 

I know it’s preseason, but the Pistons playing very hard defensively so far. Rotating much smoother than what I’ve seen in the past. 

Zaza is in!

Pistons getting great looks. Just can’t make anything so far. Looks like a preseason basketball game. Snooze fest. 

Leuer is back practicing but he won’t play tonight. Hopefully he’s back Wednesday or Friday. Ellenson is atrocious.