DL  Trey Flowers (Noggin-a-happen)  -- DOUBTFUL
T  MARCUS CANNON (Calf) - QUESTIONABLE
DB  Keion Crossen  (Hammy)  --  QUESTIONABLE
DB  Nate Ebner (Hipster)  --  QUESTIONABLE 
WR Josh Gordon  (Too Stoned?)  --  QUESTIONABLE 
CB  Eric Rowe  (Groin)  --  QUESTIONABLE

DETROIT INJURY REPORT

OL Andrew Donnal (Knee)  --  OUT
DE  Ezekiel Ansah (Shoulder) - QUESTIONABLE  (YOU'RE KIDDING)
LB  Eli Harold  (Hip Hopped)  --  QUESTIONABLE 
WR Marvin Jones Jr.  (Ankle)  --  QUESTIONABLE
RG T.J. Lang  (Back Attack)  - QUESTIONABLE
TE Michael Roberts (Knee)  QUESTIONABLE
CB  Darius Slay (Gulliver)  --  QUESTIONABLE

LINE:  Detroit +7

The Matt Patricia era is off to an 0-2 start after a Week 2 loss to San Francisco.  The defense allowed 190 rushing yards vs. the 49ers and another punt return.  They did record 4 sacks and had SF QB Jimmy Garoppolo under pressure several times, but could not stop big plays.  The offense played well enough to win with the running game putting forth a decent effort and Lion receivers getting open on several occasions only to have their highest-paid player, Matthew Stafford miss open shots down the field.   A furious 4th quarter comeback fell short when Theo Riddick dropped two of the passes that Stafford actually threw on-target to finish the game.  The Special Teams continues to play like ****.   The New England Patriots are coming off a double digit loss at the hands of the free wheeling Blake Bortles and the Jacksonville Jaguars.   Tom Brady got all yelly on the sidelines.  The Patriots traded for troubled, but talented WR Josh Gordon this week.  One wonders the wisdom of signing Josh Gordon to a team that plays in a state with legal recreational marijuana.   Was last week's performance an anomaly or are the Patriots finally at the end of their long successful run?   Take this for what it's worth, Lions fans but since 2000 the Patriots are 21-6 after a double digit loss.   Bill Belichick is 14-8 against coaches who once worked for him in New England and Cleveland.    Since Sunday Night Football went to NBC in 2006, the Detroit Lions are 0-8.   If the Lions hope to win, a lot of trends and streaks will need to be broken. 

LOLions.  That's the Lions in a nutshell.  "Wait, five million dollars to work for you?  No thanks.  I'll quit instead."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

Lions and Pats were closing in on trade for Gronk. He threatened to retire rather than suit up in Honolulu Blue. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24768502/new-england-patriots-nearly-traded-rob-gronkowski-detroit-lions-star-tight-end-intervened

First of all,  why the **** are the Lions even thinking of Gronk.  He's been threatening retirement for years now - even when he wasn't up for a trade.   Do you think he'd get his body beaten playing for our stupid team?  I wouldn't either.   And also - he's missed a lot of time in recent seasons. 

Thinking Gronk would play here at all is as stupid as thinking Suh was going to re-sign here.    It shows me this organization has not improved one bit.   WHY CAN'T WE FIND COMPETENT PEOPLE TO RUN THIS?    Fords -  hire someone good and stay out of their way.   

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

First of all,  why the **** are the Lions even thinking of Gronk.  He's been threatening retirement for years now - even when he wasn't up for a trade.   Do you think he'd get his body beaten playing for our stupid team?  I wouldn't either.   And also - he's missed a lot of time in recent seasons. 

Thinking Gronk would play here at all is as stupid as thinking Suh was going to re-sign here.    It shows me this organization has not improved one bit.   WHY CAN'T WE FIND COMPETENT PEOPLE TO RUN THIS?    Fords -  hire someone good and stay out of their way.   

Relax. It doesn't hurt to check in and see what the asking price is and if he would play here. He didn't so they moved on. 

Minnesota down 27-0 to Buffalo and Green Bay down 28-10 to Washington. Chicago may just be the best team in the division. 

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

One sign you’re dealing with a competent person is that they try to hire other competent people. 

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

yup, well said

Naturally, one would expect the Lions to get shredded by Tom Brady. I think though that the SOL thing to do would be to make this game close and/or win it to suck all of us back in.

• Like 2

Michelle Tafoya will be asking a Lions player "What was going through your mind when you were drafted?"

I don’t understand how someone designs a play with a slow guy gets the ball 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. 

Patricia is an embarrassment.   A true ******* embarrassment to coaching.  

Bring back Caldwell.  You have to go for that.