Motor City Sonics

Thanks Victor

That near fight with Balfour was fun too. 

I enjoyed his bombs.  From my seats I had a great view of their arc. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Oblong said:

That near fight with Balfour was fun too. 

I enjoyed his bombs.  From my seats I had a great view of their arc. 

One of my favorite VMart moments.

That was my 40th birthday.  Walking into the game my wife called to tell me we sold our house.

An underrated moment there....? Victor taking his helmet off.  He knew if there were swings he wanted it to be an even matchup.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:10 AM, Yoda said:

You don't pay someone 100MM to "protect" a hitter because that is a myth used by bad sports writers. He was paid to produce on offense. 

Well, duh........."He was paid to produce on offense"  .......that would be the definition of a player signed to protect the best hitter in baseball.  The new guy hits well enough that other teams can't pitch around your best hitter all the time.   

Victor fit that mold very well.

50 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

Well, duh........."He was paid to produce on offense"  .......that would be the definition of a player signed to protect the best hitter in baseball.  The new guy hits well enough that other teams can't pitch around your best hitter all the time.   

Victor fit that mold very well.

An argument could be made that Miggy is a good enough hitter that he doesn't need protection.  

I forgot the Balfour thing.  What was the issue?  Balfour didn't like Martinez looking at him?

51 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Fwiw Cabrera had a higher ops in 2010 than he did with Victor's "protection" in 2011.

And Miguel Cabrera had a higher walk rate in 2011 than he did in 2010.  So the whole, "not pitching around Miggy thing" didn't really happen.  

39 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I forgot the Balfour thing.  What was the issue?  Balfour didn't like Martinez looking at him?

I think VMart was trying to get in his head by staring at him. He knew full well that Balfour was a hothead.

It looked like Balfour took too many steps toward the batter to accept the throw back from catcher ..and maybe VMart took exception to it.

If I was Victor here I woulda yelled, "Hey Balfour! You're gonna walk me! Your name's Balfour!"

Dude's gotta live with that name his whole life. No wonder he talked to himself.

Cleveland announcer Tom Hamilton (who is extremely opinionated) really loves Victor. I suppose Cleveland saw him on his way up. Unfortunately we saw him on his way down...

5 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I think VMart was trying to get in his head by staring at him. He knew full well that Balfour was a hothead.

I have no idea what Victor was trying to do, or if he was trying to do anything at all. No idea.

1 hour ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

If I was Victor here I woulda yelled, "Hey Balfour! You're gonna walk me! Your name's Balfour!"

Dude's gotta live with that name his whole life. No wonder he talked to himself.

Cleveland announcer Tom Hamilton (who is extremely opinionated) really loves Victor. I suppose Cleveland saw him on his way up. Unfortunately we saw him on his way down...

Pudge Rodriguez hated Balfour.  

9 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Pudge Rodriguez hated Balfour.  

He loved Hideo Ohtu

Always Ohtu.