Keepleyland2

9/15 @3:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Hall didn't impress but was stuck in a bad situation and his fielders were horrible for him.

4 errors!??!  I'd be getting flashbacks.  Are dandelions growing on the field, too?

1 minute ago, ktpinnacle said:

4 errors!??!  I'd be getting flashbacks.  Are dandelions growing on the field, too?

And at least 3 more gaffes that weren't errors.   Lugo botching a DP ball and a couple of OF muffs.

Tigers lose 15-0 and Boise State is outplayed in every possible way by Oklahoma State. QB sacked 7 times. I think all sporting events should be banned and replaced by something like line dancing so I’ll be forced to do something other than either of these alternatives. 

55 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

And at least 3 more gaffes that weren't errors.   Lugo botching a DP ball and a couple of OF muffs.

Iggy on the DL thinking to himself - "I'm gonna be right here, fools...."

Michael Fulmer tweaked his knee trying to field bunt in 1st inning. Gardenhire: "I'm not ready to sit there and say he's done for the year. He's a pretty tough kid. But I'm not going to let him throw out there with his push-off knee bothering him and screw with his arm."

Ron Gardenhire spoke to team after 15-0 loss. His message: "It's one loss. So grab a beer, wrap it around your lips and we'll come back tomorrow. That's what I'm going to do: Watch football and forget about this one. I hope they do, too."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Tigers lose 15-0 and Boise State is outplayed in every possible way by Oklahoma State. QB sacked 7 times. I think all sporting events should be banned and replaced by something like line dancing so I’ll be forced to do something other than either of these alternatives. 

Toledo was all up in a whirlwind of buzz about Miami coming to town.  The Rockets have beaten a #9 Pittsburgh in the Glass Bowl before, so a tough matchup wasn’t exactly foreign.  But the cache from the name brand of Miami being in town was something different.  Sadly, the defense couldn’t keep up with Hurricanes.  But the old park was pretty much a sell out and it was cool to see that on the TV rather than a November Tuesday night tilt with not much more than students in attendance.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

There’s really no other way to handle it.  I noticed during one of the pitching changes he was chopping it up with the team on the field and you could tell he was trying to keep guys loose.  Ga,es like this happen.  It’s  been a long season.  Levity is probably the best remedy for it.

Every time I see Fulmer slated to start I don't even watch or pay attention to the game.  I just know how it's going to end...well maybe not 15 runs, but it will end with a L.

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Every time I see Fulmer slated to start I don't even watch or pay attention to the game.  I just know how it's going to end...well maybe not 15 runs, but it will end with a L.

he's been about as snake bit as a pitcher can be, with losses even when he has pitched very well, and then the losses where he pitched 5 great innings and went inexplicably and utterly to pieces before relief could even be gotten up in the pen. If he ultimately has a good career, it won't be thanks to any results from this season.

Fulmer, Norris, Boyd ..many Tiger fans had very high hopes just a few short years ago.

What about today's current crop of young pitching prospects?

1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

Fulmer, Norris, Boyd ..many Tiger fans had very high hopes just a few short years ago.

What about today's current crop of young pitching prospects?

So Boyd while sitting at 13th in MLB with a 1.09 WHIP is part of high hopes unfulfilled?   

Just now, LooseGoose said:

So Boyd while sitting at 13th in MLB with a 1.09 WHIP is part of high hopes unfulfilled?   

Never said that.

I said many fans had high hopes for all three right from the start of their individual Tiger careers.

Some fans would have put Boyd third among that trio as far as future potential.

Clearly, ..Tigers are putting a heap-o-hope upon their top 5 MiLB pitching  prospects Mize, Perez, Manning, Faedo, and Burrows.  So, while not declaring that only one or two may actually become an above average MLB pitcher ..it is reasonable to project that not all of them will.

11 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

So, while not declaring that only one or two may actually become an above average MLB pitcher ..it is reasonable to project that not all of them will.

So you're right in line with the vast majority of this board.

How are the Tigers putting heap o' hope on those prospects, and what does that mean?

I don't think anyone expects all to become good MLB players.

Hope that isn't too unreasonable.

Torn cartilage in Fulmer's knee. Waiting for 2nd opinion but easy to assume it will end up being 'scoped. Maybe not  a major setback in the overall scheme of things but just one more drip in the water torture that has been Fulmer's last 12 months.