Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

Game 2. Detroit Lions at San Francisco 49ers. The season's in the balance!

Golden Boy still doing what he does best...missing guys who are WIDE ******* OPEN.  But dont worry guys, its usually in decade #2 when the QB finally hits his stride.

I'm actually intrigued to see how bad this gets.  They are a guaranteed 0-4 going into the Bye Week then they go on the road against an improved Miami team so likely 0-5 then perhaps their first win of the season against the Seahawks with the Vikings on the road to follow.

It could get really bad before it gets better. Could be a real train wreck of a season and if that comes to fruition, I think they need to consider dealing Stafford while he has plenty of value and tear this thing down.  

This is definitely an overreaction on my part but in a way, I prefer this over a mediocre 7-9 or 8-8 season in which they have no direction. Don't really care much either way to be honest, I've reached total apathy for the first time in my Lions fandom and it feels oddly settling.

2 minutes ago, MDMAzing said:

Golden Boy still doing what he does best...missing guys who are WIDE ******* OPEN.  But dont worry guys, its usually in decade #2 when the QB finally hits his stride.

John Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until his 15th season.

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I'm actually intrigued to see how bad this gets.  They are a guaranteed 0-4 going into the Bye Week then they go on the road against an improved Miami team so likely 0-5 then perhaps their first win of the season against the Seahawks with the Vikings on the road to follow.

It could get really bad before it gets better. Could be a real train wreck of a season and if that comes to fruition, I think they need to consider dealing Stafford while he has plenty of value and tear this thing down.  

This is definitely an overreaction on my part but in a way, I prefer this over a mediocre 7-9 or 8-8 season in which they have no direction. Don't really care much either way to be honest, I've reached total apathy for the first time in my Lions fandom and it feels oddly settling.

Stafford's contract makes him untradeable until about 2021.  Too much dead money.  They are stuck with him.

I missed the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter.   Had dinner with my mom. 

Did I miss anything?   LOL

I am actually mad they just scored.   I saw my 38-13 prediction being very close to coming true.  

From what I heard on the radio in my 7 minute drive back home was that Matthew Stafford has missed a lot of open receivers today.   He's made bad decisions. I did see the play where he ran out of the pocket and fumbled, but it sounds like he's a big part of the problem. 

And by the way,  Blount should not have been tossed for that.   15 yard penalty would have been enough.   

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

I missed the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter.   Had dinner with my mom. 

Did I miss anything?   LOL

I am actually mad they just scored.   I saw my 38-13 prediction being very close to coming true.  

From what I heard on the radio in my 7 minute drive back home was that Matthew Stafford has missed a lot of open receivers today.   He's made bad decisions. I did see the play where he ran out of the pocket and fumbled, but it sounds like he's a big part of the problem. 

And by the way,  Blount should not have been tossed for that.   15 yard penalty would have been enough.   

Blount wasn't in the game and came off the bench and into the field of play. He most certainly should have been ejected. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Blount wasn't in the game and came off the bench and into the field of play. He most certainly should have been ejected. 

I thought he was in the game.  It was right when I turned the TV on.  Oh yeah. he should be suspended a game for that.   Can't have that.   

And Stafford has been horrible, but Matt Cassell?  Really?   

9 minutes ago, MDMAzing said:

Stafford's contract makes him untradeable until about 2021.  Too much dead money.  They are stuck with him.

Lol. Ok then

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Maybe Davis should be an Outside LB

Tahir Whitehead regressed as an inside LB but was decent as an outside LB. At this point, it wouldn't hurt to try. 

4 minutes ago, kgeorge78 said:

why? hes playing HORRIBLE this year

Mostly directed at the contract talk.. He has definitely sucked so far, this season.