Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

Game 2. Detroit Lions at San Francisco 49ers. The season's in the balance!

Just now, T&P_Fan said:

Wouldn’t 35 more secs have been nice there?  

Patrica and stafford: battle of ineptitude.  

Defense has been decent though.  Good for them.  

35 more seconds to kick the field goal?

• Like 1

Just now, LooseGoose said:

Sorry man, not playing your game any further.   

So you are going to come in and say that Stafford's contract is crippling the franchise but can't even take a stab at offering a solution and I'm the one playing a game?

Offense is basic, vanilla, whatever you want to call it. 

A vet OC would do wonders. 

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So you are going to come in and say that Stafford's contract is crippling the franchise but can't even take a stab at offering a solution and I'm the one playing a game?

Yes, you are.    Since he didn't get traded there are no parameters for an answer.   Who did we trade him to?  What did we get?  How did that affect other QB or draft decisions around the league?  If we got picks which ones?   How were those draft positions affected by the changing landscape brought about by the trade?  When exactly did all this occur so we know who was available?    

And i could spend more time than that typing up scenarios so you could score one of your silly "wins" by shooting it down.  Your game is played, try someone else.

Regarding the timeout, it was 2nd down. You had to assume San Francisco would run it on 3rd down and force Detroit to use another timeout. Had San Francisco ran it on 3rd down, they would get the ball back with the same time and only two timeouts. Considering how backed up the 49ers were, the Lions were getting good field position and didn't need as much time as they needed timeouts. 

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

35 more seconds to kick the field goal?

You’re not forced to throw on 3rd and 2.  Quit playing dumb, it’s tired. 

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

Yes, you are.    Since he didn't get traded there are no parameters for an answer.   Who did we trade him to?  What did we get?  How did that affect other QB or draft decisions around the league?  If we got picks which ones?   How were those draft positions affected by the changing landscape brought about by the trade?  When exactly did all this occur so we know who was available?    

And i could spend more time than that typing up scenarios so you could score one of your silly "wins" by shooting it down.  Your game is played, try someone else.

LOL you come in and say Stafford is crippling the franchise and we should have traded him but I'm playing games. 

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

You’re not forced to throw on 3rd and 2.  Quit playing dumb, it’s tired. 

Actually you forced to throw  because the Lions wouldn't have any timeouts. They used their last timeout on the previous play. If they don't convert on 3rd and 2 with the run, you are going to struggle lining up the FG team. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Actually you forced to throw  because the Lions wouldn't have any timeouts. They used their last timeout on the previous play. If they don't convert on 3rd and 2 with the run, you are going to struggle lining up the FG team. 

With 40 secs left?  Get out of here. 

3 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

With 40 secs left?  Get out of here. 

They weren't going to run the ball on 3rd and 2 with 40 second left and no timeouts. I could just imagine how much you would complain about JBC if they did that. 

Here's the thing, it was reasonable to expect San Francisco would run on 3rd and long and backed up or throw a check down pass. They would've need to use a timeout on 3rd down as well. 

Slay can’t make a tackle, 9ers get the first down and slay injures himself.  Sounds about right.  

Every player is always open against the lions. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

They weren't going to run the ball on 3rd and 2 with 40 second left and no timeouts. I could just imagine how much you would complain about JBC if they did that. 

Run game has been there best offense today.