Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

09/12/2018 1:10pm Houston Astros at Detroit Tigers

43 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

At this point, I feel like the picture needs to be posted to both jumpstart the team and the thread.

So, essentially, you are calling yourself a slump buster?

B4927914-A904-4EBC-A0D2-2AF98B0B87FE.jpeg

+

sprinkler-fun-iv.jpg

=

www_free-smiley-faces_de_big-smileys_gro

Norris will always be tantalizing enough to have hope without the results. Still keep running him out there until he makes real money. He'll probably be great on his 3rd team.

Gibby is a whole lot more cerebral than you ever would have guessed back in the day. I guess he may not have been back then, but there's a lot of knowledge up and some interesting perspective up there.

There is a direct correlation which of course is complicated by other factors but still, when this team has been truly great in recent memory — mine — it’s had a catcher who was also a great hitter.  I’m thinking of Parrish and Freehan in particular but you could toss in Pudge too with qualifications.  This is probably true of most teams, but I sure wish it could be true of ours again. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

There is a direct correlation which of course is complicated by other factors but still, when this team has been truly great in recent memory — mine — it’s had a catcher who was also a great hitter.  I’m thinking of Parrish and Freehan in particular but you could toss in Pudge too with qualifications.  This is probably true of most teams, but I sure wish it could be true of ours again. 

And Alex Avila. 

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It's just a huge plus to have good hitting from a bad hitting position, obviously.

They can't all be Dane Sardinha.

And we go to bottom 9 ready to celebrate the coming walk off win.....

5-4 Astros for now.

And Bruce Kimm

If you are looking for a playoff team to root for, take a look at the brewers with Grandy.

19 minutes ago, kdog said:

If you are looking for a playoff team to root for, take a look at the brewers with Grandy.

That's my thinking - Grandy and Ver.

For some reason I already thought Grandy won a ring with the Yankees but I guess he got there the year after they won.  

FYI, storm is still gonna make a direct hit. But, its weaken to the point where its basically a thunderstorm. Expect to make landfall as a Cat 2 and quickly drop to a Cat 1 and pass over my head. Flooding will be a problem, but extreme wind pretty much gone now. 

Worst of it Friday night into Saturday and its moving fast so we might be able to leave the house late Saturday. 

So lets see how long I have internet and can I create a game thread while going through a "hurricane"

10 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

FYI, storm is still gonna make a direct hit. But, its weaken to the point where its basically a thunderstorm. Expect to make landfall as a Cat 2 and quickly drop to a Cat 1 and pass over my head. Flooding will be a problem, but extreme wind pretty much gone now. 

Worst of it Friday night into Saturday and its moving fast so we might be able to leave the house late Saturday. 

So lets see how long I have internet and can I create a game thread while going through a "hurricane"

It might not be that easy to type whilst wearing water wings, but we have faith in you.

In all seriousness, I hope it does fizzle to a thunderstorm before it hits land.  Stay safe.

19 minutes ago, Casimir said:

It might not be that easy to type whilst wearing water wings, but we have faith in you.

In all seriousness, I hope it does fizzle to a thunderstorm before it hits land.  Stay safe.

My floaties have unicorns on them (seriously)

9 hours ago, kdog said:

Yeah, seems reasonable.