Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Mr.TaterSalad

Should Jim Bob Cooter Be Fired?

Should Jim Bob Cooter Be Fired?  

5 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Jim Bob Cooter Be Fired?

    • Yes
      4
    • No
      1


Recommended Posts


I posted this in another thread. It may explain why Jim Bob's playcalling seems to be so easily defended recently:

 

781874015_ScreenShot2018-09-11at2_05_20PM.thumb.png.f25c76a1ef00bacf8696a59ab01cc2e9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

A simple question, is it time to fire Jim Bob Cooter?

At least 31 NFL teams say No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine Cooter lasting very long if they go 0-3 and it looks really ugly the next couple games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've finally moved to the 'Ford needs to sell them, then fire everyone' view point.  I think it comes down to the Zettel cut.  To me, proves Quinn was forced to keep a staff he didn't want and then felt he needed to draft for them.  We lost two years because of that.  

At this point, minds well keep Cooter, put Johnson on the bench to ensure he doesn't get hurt and play Riddick as a pass catching RB and ignore the run completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not following how the Zettel cut proves Quinn was forced to keep a staff he didn't want? I remember when we kept hearing he was forced to keep Caldwell but fired him after a 9-7 season, two playoff appearances, and an overall winning record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not ready to fire him after one bad game. The Lions had a top offense last year.

I am a little disappointed Mr.Tater isn't focusing his efforts on getting Holland fired 24/7 365.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I am not ready to fire him after one bad game. The Lions had a top offense last year.

I am a little disappointed Mr.Tater isn't focusing his efforts on getting Holland fired 24/7 365.

A top offense with zero rushing attack and a lackluster offensive line. Now, with Ron Prince gone and Cooter still there, we still have nothing for a run game and our O-line still looks mediocre. And an OC who himself admitted to knowing little schematically about developing a run game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure I would say we had a "top offense" last year.  We were middle of the pack in total yardage last year and 7th in scoring.  The 7th in scoring doesn't look bad but you have to consider that we were 2nd in the league in takeaways including 7 defensive and ST touchdowns which goes towards that scoring.  If you take that away then suddenly they are middle of the pack in scoring as well.   When that is supposed to be the strength of your team I feel you have to be elite or else you aren't going to win many games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm not sure I would say we had a "top offense" last year.  We were middle of the pack in total yardage last year and 7th in scoring.  The 7th in scoring doesn't look bad but you have to consider that we were 2nd in the league in takeaways including 7 defensive and ST touchdowns which goes towards that scoring.  If you take that away then suddenly they are middle of the pack in scoring as well.   When that is supposed to be the strength of your team I feel you have to be elite or else you aren't going to win many games.  

Can we give it 2 games before we "burn the witch".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Can we give it 2 games before we "burn the witch".

What if any blame do you give Cooter for the poor offensive line play and lack of a running game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 11:18 PM, Buddha said:

bye week fire if they dont improve.

I'm with you there.  Monday night was a complete and total crap-fest.  The question is was this an anomaly or was this what the Lions are?  I'm willing to give JBC a few weeks to figure things out, but that's it.  I wasn't thrilled they hung on to him, but I'd hoped that a lot of the offensive deficiencies we saw previously could be a result of a framework being imposed by Caldwell rather than a JBC issue.  Monday night did NOT suppose that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×