Sign in to follow this  
six-hopper

They're not the Same Old Lions

It's too early to make that call.  Granted, this was an awful game, but it was also one game.  The Lions have had many awful games in their history.  That's not to say that I'm optimistic about them after this performance, but I'm also not assuming that this sort of play is indicative of the Patricia-era Lions either (at least not yet).

4 hours ago, RedRamage said:

It's too early to make that call.  Granted, this was an awful game, but it was also one game.  The Lions have had many awful games in their history.  That's not to say that I'm optimistic about them after this performance, but I'm also not assuming that this sort of play is indicative of the Patricia-era Lions either (at least not yet).

Don't rain on my parade.  I despise the Lions and savor every bad thing that happens to them.  And last night there was so much delicious stuff that I ate up with a spoon, I may have to start a diet this morning.  But maybe not, as I'm still laughing so hard that I may burn off the calories that way.

The problem is with it being the first game is that the next four games look even more difficult.

@ 49ers

Patriots

@ Cowboys

Packers

The Jets, at least on paper, looked like the easiest game in the first five games. A rookie QB, and a team that won just 5 games last year. They looked amazing last night, and destroyed the Lions. Unfortunately it was 100% due to the fact that the Lions looked like the NFL version of the "Bad News Bears" last night.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:49 AM, six-hopper said:

Don't rain on my parade.  I despise the Lions and savor every bad thing that happens to them.  And last night there was so much delicious stuff that I ate up with a spoon, I may have to start a diet this morning.  But maybe not, as I'm still laughing so hard that I may burn off the calories that way.

Well, I'd respectfully ask you not to post here anymore then if that's your feeling.  The people in this forum are Lions fans to one degree or another and while we certainly aren't above slamming the Lions when they are bad or point out the flaws that need to be fixed, over all we're still fans who want to see the team succeed. 

If you truly "despise the Lions" and if you really do "savor every bad thing that happens to them" ... well, you seem more like a troll here than a fan.

I enjoy a good Lions h8r. It brings a taste of reality. While I don't hate the Lions, I am amused by those who remain on the bandwagon when the only reason seems to be so that they can celebrate if they finally do win a championship.

After that twelve hour elation is over, they'll have to ask themselves if it was worth it. Maybe it will be to them.

Ideally, if the day should ever come that the Lions win a Super Bowl (*snort*), one of the players will end up hoisting and then dropping the trophy causing a huge dent. Because Lions.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I enjoy a good Lions h8r. It brings a taste of reality. While I don't hate the Lions, I am amused by those who remain on the bandwagon when the only reason seems to be so that they can celebrate if they finally do win a championship.

After that twelve hour elation is over, they'll have to ask themselves if it was worth it. Maybe it will be to them.

Ideally, if the day should ever come that the Lions win a Super Bowl (*snort*), one of the players will end up hoisting and then dropping the trophy causing a huge dent. Because Lions.

Lame. People are fans because it is the local team and they like football.

I think it’s far more amusing for people to be supposedly “lions free.”

It’s like that joke. How can you tell if a person is Lions free? Don’t worry, they will tell you. 

People are lions fans simply out of geography.  The team has always sucked and it seemingly always will.

32 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Lame. People are fans because it is the local team and they like football.

I think it’s far more amusing for people to be supposedly “lions free.”

It’s like that joke. How can you tell if a person is Lions free? Don’t worry, they will tell you. 

I've been impaled on the horns of a sacred cow.