Keepleyland2

9/11 @6:40 Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers

3 minutes ago, diaspora04 said:

Offer period has expired.  Shelton is only taker.  tsk tsk

Did you offer to drive him home?

Chris Ilitch "our team has faced challenges this season but for all of you who have come to Comerica Park each and every day to watch our team, you can see the incredible progress that we made this season. We have a vision and a plan for long term sustainable success"

Chris Ilitch "It's been a lot of fun to watch. I think fans have enjoyed it, I've heard from folks all around town, this is a fun team to watch, you have to watch right until the end, you never know when they might pull it out"

Chris Ilitch "Our goal is very clear, we are working to build a world class organization that will compete for championships on a sustainable basis and I am very committed to providing all of the resources and assists to accomplish that"

Chris Ilitch knew attendance and TV ratings would go down with the rebuild "but we also know Tiger fans and they are some of the greatest fans in all of baseball and we believe they're still with us and they still support this club"

Tigers owner Christopher Ilitch says he's seen "phenomenal progress" in 2018, gives strong vote of confidence to GM Al Avila.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Chris Ilitch " I am very committed to providing all of the resources and assists to accomplish that"

As long as this is truth, I'm good with him as the owner.   Not that what I think matters one bit.

It's hard to know what Chris Ilitch will do. Tanking is low risk and most of your costs are certain because the amateur markets are capped.

Let's see what this ferndale valdez character feels like after he faces the Tigs powerful offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

C9E03400-1BFF-42A2-A3C3-C43A570508A6.gif.6ae0c816fe6199c3147d2bbb0fc06c06.gif

It's a little early to give up on this scrappy bunch, they're bursting with grit.

It was kinda  fun a few months ago when some of us(myself included) thought Zimm may be on his way to turning it around. 

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

It's a little early to give up on this scrappy bunch, they're bursting with grit.

Oh I’m just kidding. Where else am I going to go? 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Oh I’m just kidding. Where else am I going to go? 

My son and son in law got here last night and forced me into the Lions, that turned out to be a deeply flawed decision.   They're NOT better than we think.

Ilitch lauded Avila for his commitment to gathering young talent, particularly since the organizations' rebuild was set into motion at last year's trade deadline. 

"Al and his staff have worked tirelessly to rebuild and restock our minor leagues," Avila said. "We’ve seen some players come through the system and some are at the highest levels and some have made it to the big leagues -- players like Dawel Lugo and Daz Cameron. It’s exciting to see these guys progress. And at the Single-A and Double-A levels we’ve got some potential high-impact players now. Very exciting to watch, the Matt Mannings and Beau Burrows and Alex Faedo and, of course, Casey Mize.

"That’s what has us so excited about what’s to come."

It is kinda nice to see that Chris knows some of the guys from our system.  I bet Mike couldn't have named a single one.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Sounds like an owner that's invested - to know the prospects.

3-0, end 3 after Casty hits into a DP.

Lugo just misses run scoring double down the RF line...then drives Niko in with a crazy hop grounder to SS.

5-1

I think he is a SS by trade, definitely not a first baseman like he is playing tonight.

And then, in the meantime, that was one of the first bad hop hits i have seen in quite some time.  That took a huge hop over Correa's head