Keepleyland2

9/10 @6:10 Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers

gonna have to turn down the audio on the Lions game or synch with Dan Miller 

Single to LF, 3-1 

1st & 3rd - still 2 outs.

Stewart's bubble gum seemed to be holding him back on getting to that ball.

Gattis flies out to LF to end the inning.

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

Single to LF, 3-1 

1st & 3rd - still 2 outs.

Stewart's bubble gum seemed to be holding him back on getting to that ball.

Gattis flies out to LF to end the inning.

could have been worse.  Liriano seems like the kind of guy just waiting to break

3 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

yay defense

Presume you mean the Lions defense 

• Thanks 1

I watched the video tribute to Verlander that was on the scoreboard and so did JV. I got pretty verklempt. I think he did too. 

12 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Anybody paying any attention to the 'other' game .. .. .. .. SOL.

Not good. 

3 hours ago, TigerFan1984 said:

It's packed down here, but it's all Lions fans. Some lots want $50 to park. I'm the only Tigers fan at Harbor House, they usually they do $2 domestic drafts before Tigers games but apparently not when the Lions play, but for me there going to give me the $2 price since I've been here 40 plus times this year for Tigers games.

That's good service.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

How many times in the past has there been an overlapping tigers and lions game?

Its the industrial area of sadness.

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Why is tomorrow night’s game beginning 30 minutes early? 

Deuce has an after hours appointment that is 30 minutes earlier than normal.

Jones with another tough luck scorcher to a glove tonight.  He seems to have barreled a few up lately with nothing to show for it.

Tigers with 23 whiffs against JV tonight.  He has come down off the blistering level he was pitching at in April and May, but he's still mighty good most of the time.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Deuce has an after hours appointment that is 30 minutes earlier than normal.

Mrs Verlander likes to start early.  

• Like 1

I had a great time tonight...the defense on both teams was very sloppy, but it was a close game, well pitched by both teams, and it was fun seeing JV.

There was also a lady sitting a few seats behind me up from the 1st base/visitor's dugout who had a hilarious gravelly voice and who was shouting various amusing things throughout the game.  She kept singing the Candyman song during his at-bats....she was very funny.

I suppose that would wear thin over a whole season, but she was damn funny to me.

Also, I walked back to my parking space at City Hall (where I work)....I had the most awesome walk!  I was last in Detroit 12 years ago, and I am completely gob-smacked, amazed, blown away, thrilled, confounded by how incredibly awesome everything is downtown now.  People everywhere, rental scooters zipping around and being left all hours of the day and night without being stolen, tables and chairs and various things left around and not stolen, beautiful store fronts that are not marred by security bars and gates and such, and seem unmolested.  I'm overjoyed!  I was practically floating by the time I got back to my car.  Downtown Detroit has really been transformed! 

I am super-excited to be working for the City to help with this great revitalization.  I was CFO for the City of Kalamazoo and now am a mid-level Treasury official with Detroit, but actually got a boost in compensation -- they are really working to recruit talent.  Got to meet Mayor Duggan at our Employee Orientation today, quite a leader, and he was really exciting to listen to.  He asked us to talk a little about ourselves and asked us personal questions.  Really pumped!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

I had a great time tonight...the defense on both teams was very sloppy,

Yeah - I don't begrudge Stewart his 1st MLB hit, but Altuve should have made that play and he probably should have saved the off line throw as well. Jose took a really hard slide last night and he was playing like he was kind of stiff tonight. Wasn't enough for the Tigers to win, but the other night St Louis was pretty sloppy also and it made the difference.

Damn who knew the Tigers would have a more competitive night than their counterparts across the street.