Keepleyland2

9/10 @6:10 Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers

Per ESPN, the Tigers do not have a complete game from any pitcher this season.  If that holds, it will be the first season with no pitcher going the distance in franchise history.

Even bad seasons had multiple complete games...

2003 (43-119): 3 CG

1996 (53-109): 10 CG (4 from Omar Olivares!)

1989 (59-103): 24 CG 

Of course, those are from different eras, but still...we could use some Olivares...

How many times in the past has there been an overlapping tigers and lions game?

4 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I don’t think Victor would make that choice and I expect to see him in the lineup, along with everyone else who bats lefty

I think he would and did when they faced Ver in Houston. Having said that, Victor is in the lineup tonight. Guess he didn't want to be remembered as a coward. I can't wait for Ver to carve him up...

Regarding getting all the lefties into the lineup, apparently Ron wants to see how "Sweet" Lugo and JaCoby do agst a tough righthander instead of playing LH's Deuce and Reyes (sliding Goodrum to 2B). I don't see his strategy as being optimal. C'mon Ron!!

4 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I don’t think Victor would make that choice and I expect to see him in the lineup, along with everyone else who bats lefty

in recent years JV has actually been better against LHH.

Poor JV - after the Tigers softened him up with that tribute Lloyd's Legendary Lumbermen plan to dismantle him.

27 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I recall a few, though not at Tiger Stadium ..... 😉

28 minutes ago, Shelton said:

The last that I can remember was the playoff game against Texas I believe.  I know the Lions were playing the Bears at home on MNF.  I wasn't downtown for either game but I imagine it was crazy.

1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

Might ..maybe ..be similar for Fulmer ..that he may increase his KO totals as his pitching ability matures.

Fulmer throws a lot differently than JV though - in fact for two guys that throw hard they are almost  opposites. JV has the rising FB that gets whiffs up in the zone and at least early in his career he threw mostly the 12-6 curve and a great change-up. Fulmer is a sinker slider pitcher. JV's gets a lot of swings and misses on the FB, so far Fulmer has not, (though he did in his last outing). A slider pitchers gets most of his swing and miss on the slider. JV throws a slider/cutter/slurve now,  that came mostly after he gave up his change - the conventional wisdom being that he was tipping it in some way he couldn't change so he's largely abandoned it.

RR has the TOOTBLAN to end the 2nd and now muffs a DP ball.

1st and 2nd, 1 out for the 'stros.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

happened at their last home playoff game in 2014...i was there too by coincidence